The Social Media & Marketing Associate is responsible for driving product sales and fundraising through customer, client, and donor engagement via our social media platforms, influencer support, and multi-channel marketing campaigns. This position reports into the Director of Merchandising & Brand Strategy and works closely with the Marketing Manager and Graphic Designer to implement social media and product marketing strategies.
Mercado Global seeks a Social Media & Marketing Associate who is enthusiastic about ethical fashion and the opportunity to help expand a cutting-edge model for fighting poverty and empowering women in rural Latin America. The ideal candidate should have strong social media, marketing, and interpersonal skills. They should also have self-initiative capabilities, attention to detail, and a passion for our mission and work.
This position provides social media and marketing enthusiasts with the opportunity to work with our network of customers and clients, our talented team in Guatemala, and the Indigenous women we serve. This position is ideally based at our field office in Panajachel, Guatemala, but remote work is possible. This position is supported by a Social Media intern.
Meet e-commerce sales benchmarks, including sales volume and customer retention and acquisition benchmarks:
- Implement product-sales e-blasts per Marketing Calendar, with support of the graphic designer.
- Manage brand’s social media accounts, including developing core strategies and content and engaging with current and prospective customers.
- Strategically respond to messages, comments, and tags from supporters on all social media accounts in a timely manner, looping in the appropriate team as needed.
- Build brand ambassadors program, including by recruiting and managing influencer and other key relationships.
- Develop and implement social media campaigns, sweepstakes and other initiatives.
- Drive informed social media planning, including by monitoring, tracking, and analyzing performance on social media platforms and tracking competitor activity.
- Manage product placements with brand’s fashion press contacts.
Support wholesale sales benchmarks, including sell-throughs and client acquisition:
- Develop product marketing collateral, including collection linesheets and Retailer Marketing Packages, with support of the graphic designer.
- Engage with current and prospective clients via social media platforms.
- Manage cross-channel marketing campaigns with or in support of collections with key clients.
Support online fundraising benchmarks:
- Develop Social Media content targeting current and prospective donors, per Annual Marketing Calendar, in collaboration with the fundraising team.
- Engage with donors via social media.
- An Associate or Bachelor’s degree, preferably in marketing or a related field.
- Minimum two to three years experience managing social media and marketing campaigns.
- Ability to move multiple projects forward simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Excellent planning, critical thinking, project management, prioritization, and organizational skills.
- Attention to detail and commitment to top-quality, self-driven work.
- Ability to work in a team setting and communicate effectively. Able to receive and incorporate feedback and appropriately address external partners as well as staff at all organizational levels.
- Solid understanding of the use of a range of social media platforms, particularly in relation to advertising/branding and customers.
- Strong copywriting and editing skills suitable for each platform, from knowing how to write a successful tweet to using effective storytelling techniques on instagram.
- Creative and capable of contributing new and innovative ideas.
- Knowledge and understanding of algorithms, search engine optimization, data analysis and interpreting statistics.
- Online community management and customer service skills.
- Experience with social media planning software and tools like Buffer.
- Fluency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Flexibility, drive, sense of humor, and desire to live outside the U.S.
- Experience working across cultures and different socioeconomic conditions.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Proficiency in written and spoken Spanish.
- Enthusiasm for Mercado Global’s mission and ethical fashion.
How to Apply
Please send cover letter and resume to Alyssa Burgos at email@example.com. Please indicate “Social Media & Marketing Associate” in the subject line of your email.