Mercury Public Affairs is seeking well-qualified, highly-motivated candidates for its Junior Associate program, beginning in September 2021. This position is a full-time internship in Washington, DC. Please note that for the forseable future, we are working remotely and will not be in the office. Candidates should be current college undergraduates or recent college graduates able to work Monday through Friday from September 2021 through December 2021. There are no prerequisite collegiate majors or courses of study to apply for the position, but applicants must demonstrate a strong understanding of and interest in the United States political system.
In this position, candidates will facilitate Mercury’s junior and senior staffers in conducting essential media and congressional monitoring, research, and analysis for clients in an array of different sectors. Applicants must demonstrate a proven track record of success and should possess the following skills:
· Ability to synthesize complicated ideas into easily digestible concepts
· Strong note-taking skills and ability to perform high-quality work while paying attention to detail
· Ability to complete assignments on tight deadlines and operate on quick turn-around schedules
· Strong critical-thinking skills and a track record of applying them to real-world settings
· Desire to learn more about the U.S. political system and track record of political experience (campaigning, coursework, volunteering, etc.)
Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and a writing sample of no more than 5 pages, preferably from a political science course. Mercury will work to ensure that every application is responded to within an adequate time frame.