Meridian Bird Removal is seeking a dynamic Director of Sales (remote) to faithfully lead this rapidly expanding company into its next phase of growth.
At Meridian Bird Removal, we embrace new adventures daily!
We believe that our purpose is to Help First-our customers, our employees, and our communities. With that goal, the Director of Sales gets EXCITED about the prospect of increasing our capacity to catch birds and solve our customers’ problems in all 50 states and beyond!
What Makes this Director Position Unique?
Meridian is seeking a servant leader with a heart for stewardship; someone who appreciates the discipline of maintaining and continuing to scale debt-free.
This role is highly relational. The most impactful responsibility inside this position relies on the candidate’s ability to build and maintain good relationships and trust with high-ranking executives at large, national organizations.
An individual who truly believes that our purpose is to bring more value today than yesterday to our relationships with our customers, our employees, and our communities.
An individual who can effectively and enthusiastically lead the sales team and work collaboratively with the leadership team to make our BHAG a reality.
An individual with an adventurous spirit—one that can sit in a leadership meeting one day and out in the wilderness with leaders the next.
An individual who can lead a remote team effectively.
Lastly, at Meridian Bird Removal we want our Director of Sales to be a steward for our culture and a role model for our core values: Eagerly Optimistic, Humbly Confident, Adapt and Overcome, Commitment to Capture, Be Above the Bar, and Help First.
- Lead and collaborate closely with the sales, marketing, customer service, and operations teams
- Work closely with the leadership team
- Ability to achieve objectives and goals in a team environment
- Demonstrate core values & participate in team health rules
Strategy & Planning Responsibilities:
- Manage and grow a national company while maintaining a debt-free status
- Design sales plans aligned with marketing strategy
- Forecast sales
- Train, develop, and mentor sales team
- Primarily responsible for the growth and management of a large national account
- Set team goals and hold the team accountable
- Participate in building the team (interview/hire)
- Manage discipline and terminations
Sales Oversight Responsibilities:
- Maintain quality relationships with our clients
- Drive top-line revenue growth to meet and exceed all sales targets
- Design and implement sales plans aligned with marketing strategy
- Negotiate contracts
- Become knowledgeable and proficient in the bird capture process in order to effectively communicate the value of what we do for our customers
Educational & Work Experience Requirements:
- Experience managing and growing national accounts
- Experience managing through CRM’s
- Relationship and value selling experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Sales Management Experience: 4+ years of demonstrated outside sales management (food safety, food retail, or big box store industry preferred)
- Managed 6+ outside sales representatives
- Ability to work with employees & customers across the US
- Excellent listening and presentation skills
- Excellent organization/time management skills
- Good business and financial acumen
Educational & Work Experience Preferred:
- Managing 20M in sales
- Managing managers experience
- Leadership team experience
- National account management experience
Remote Work Requirements:
- Ability to effectively work from a remote work location
- Must be located in the Eastern or Central Time Zones
- Ability to travel to Christiansburg, VA as needed
- Ability to travel and participate in ride alongs
- Health, Dental, Vision, & Accident Insurance
- Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, HSA plan
- Free Telehealth with $0 Co-Pay
- 401(k) Plan
- Generous Paid Vacation Plan
About Meridian Bird Removal:
Meridian Bird Removal is a dynamic, high-growth company that delivers guaranteed results for our customers. At Meridian, we provide innovative bird removal and management services for big-box retailers, supermarkets, and distribution centers. Our specialties include our trademarked Bird-N-Free Live Capture System, Operational Process Analysis, and Facility Assessment.
Meridian Bird Removal has been deemed an *Essential Business* by the Department of Homeland Security. That means we have a special responsibility to maintain our normal work schedule.
For more detailed information, please visit our FAQ https://meridianbirdremoval.com/about/faqs/
Check out our Careers Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/careersatmeridianbirdremoval/