Meridian Bird Removal is seeking a dynamic Vice President of Operations to faithfully lead this rapidly expanding company into its next phase of growth.
At Meridian Bird Removal, we embrace new adventures daily!
We believe that our purpose is to Help First – our customers, our employees, our communities. With that goal, we are looking for a Vice President who gets EXCITED about the prospect of increasing our capacity to catch birds and solve our customers’ problems in all 50 states and beyond.
This is a unique opportunity to lead and grow a robust EOS (Entrepreneurial Operating System) company and can push us into the future!
What Makes this Vice President Position Unique?
Meridian is seeking a servant leader with a heart for stewardship; someone who appreciates the discipline of maintaining and continuing to scale debt-free.
- An individual who truly believes that our purpose is to bring more value today than yesterday to our relationships with our customers, our employees, and our communities.
- An individual who can effectively and enthusiastically lead the leadership team and work collaboratively with the president and visionary to make our BHAG a reality.
- An individual with an adventurous spirit—one that can sit in a leadership meeting one day and out in the wilderness with leaders the next.
- An individual who can lead a remote team effectively.
Lastly, at Meridian Bird Removal we want our Vice President to be a steward for our culture and a role model for our core values: Eagerly Optimistic, Humbly Confident, Adapt and Overcome, Commitment to Capture, Be Above the Bar and Help First.
Remote Work Requirements:
- Relocate to Christiansburg/Blacksburg/Roanoke/Smith Mountain Lake Virginia area.
- Ability to effectively work remotely as needed.
- Provide leadership, oversight, and accountability for all operational activities within Meridian Bird Removal.
- Ensures the development and implementation of efficient operations and cost-effective systems to meet the current and future needs of the organization in support of the long-term vision.
- Attain goals for the company strategic plan.
- Establish, implement, and communicate the strategic direction of the organization’s operations & sales divisions.
- Collaborate with executive leadership to develop and meet company goals while supplying expertise and guidance on operational projects and systems.
- Identify, recommend, and implement new processes, technologies, and systems to improve and streamline organizational processes and use of resources.
- Establish, communicate, and implement operations-related policies, practices, standards, and security measures to ensure effective and consistent support and execution.
- Ensure that departmental decisions and project plans such as those for staffing, development, organization, and facilities are in line with the organization’s business plan and vision.
- Establish and administer the company budget.
- Present periodic performance reports and metrics to company leadership and owners.
- Conduct weekly leadership meetings, quarterly strategic meetings, and performance reviews with direct reports.
- Expand company capacity in the food safety and supply chain industries.
- Ability to manage and grow a national company while maintaining debt-free status.
- Understanding of how to handle a large part-time workforce.
- Experience in food safety and supply chain.
- Experience helping companies grow through the scale-up phase into a mature business phase.
- Comfortable in a high-growth environment.
- Direct experience developing leaders.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Expert supervisory and leadership skills.
- Extensive knowledge of the principles, procedures, and best practices in the food safety industry.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Educational & Work Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree Required.
- MBA a plus.
- Minimum of 10 years in upper management.
- Managing and scaling a debt-free P&L.
- Directly responsible for a P&L > $20M.
- Experience leading an organization/department with 160 or more employees.
- Health, Dental, Vision, & Accident Insurance
- Life Insurance, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability
- 401(k) Plan
- Generous Paid Vacation Plan
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Prolonged periods of time sitting in a turkey blind.
More company information: https://meridianbirdremoval.com/