Meridian International Center seeks a Global Communications Fellowship to support the Communications Department, which is responsible for positioning Meridian as Washington, DC’s premier nonpartisan diplomacy non-profit that strengthens engagement between the U.S. and the world through over 500 programs a year that connect leaders through culture and collaboration to drive solutions for global challenges.
The Global Communications Fellow will produce dynamic and creative content using virtual, digital and traditional media tools to develop integrated storytelling strategies that spotlight Meridian’s diplomacy, global leadership and cultural programs and can be optimized for engagement across social, digital and print platforms. The fellow can expect to gain experience in social media management, digital campaigns, data analysis, graphic design, video and photo production, live and virtual event production and non-profit management. This position will be remote until further notice, but D.C., Maryland, or Virginia residency is required.
- Experience producing original content for an organization’s website, blog, newsletters, emails and social media, among other editorial or marketing materials for major digital platforms
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree (or working towards a degree) in Journalism, Communications, Marketing or other related fields; or any equivalent combination of training, education, and/or experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Creative communication skills in website and email writing, copy editing, social media management, data analysis, graphic design, creative writing, events photography and video production (filming and editing); digital/social media campaigns and content monetization is a plus
- Live events coverage is typically a requirement of this position; however, no public events have been scheduled to take place on Meridian’s campus until June; federal and local health guidance will continue to inform Meridian’s operating status
- Capability to identify stories and elements with viral potential, and analyze data to accelerate digital audience engagement
- Detail-oriented planning and highly organized project management skills, with ability to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously and deliver fast turnaround on deadline
- Strong inter-cultural communication skills; maturity, cultural sensitivity, and tact suitable for working with individuals from around the world as well as high-level government, diplomatic and business officials.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite; basic HTML, WordPress, Google Analytics, Adobe Creative Cloud (specifically Photoshop, Premiere, After Effects, InDesign and Illustrator), video production and editing, photography, familiarity with Canon products, copywriting and editing, digital content presentation and delivery; knowledge of database management applications, such as Salesforce and Pardot, is preferred
- Ability to commit up to 29 hours per week starting June 7, 2021
Additional information about Meridian can be found at https://www.meridian.org/about/.
Pay: This position pays $15.00 per hour.
Interested and qualified applicants should submit your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements here.
Employer’s Statement and Rights
Meridian promotes equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, personal appearance, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, family responsibilities, marital, veteran or military status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, matriculation, political affiliation, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.