Do you want to produce a fast-growing podcast and champion a respected brand across a variety of media channels? This opportunity is for you.
About the Opportunity
While we are first and foremost a consulting company, our media and events footprint is a critical and rapidly expanding part of our business, serving as the foundation upon which we build a vibrant community of technology leaders and demonstrate thought leadership to prospective clients. As a key member of the Metis Strategy media team, your activities will support all of our media initiatives, including:
- Podcast: Technovaton with Peter High was recently recognized as “perhaps the best podcast series focused on CIOs and C-Suite thought leadership.” The podcast features more than 500 interviews with Fortune 500 CXOs, entrepreneurs, venture capitalists, and other thought leaders.
- Events: Since 2019, Metis Strategy has produced both virtual and in-person events geared toward Fortune 500 technology leaders.
- Writing: All members of the Metis Strategy team are expected to develop their personal brand through writing and publishing. Our articles and whitepapers appear on Forbes.com, CIO.com, and on our website, and we continue to seek new areas to share our thought leadership.
- Books: Metis Strategy President Peter High is the author of two best-selling books on business and technology strategy. His third book, Getting to Nimble, will be released in March 2021. It will also include an online training course for which we will develop and manage content.
- Marketing and design: This includes content that supports the initiatives listed above, such as social media, email newsletters and video.
We are looking for a creative, ambitious, and entrepreneurial Media & Marketing Associate who will own the production (audio and video) and promotion of our flagship podcast, Technovation with Peter High. This person will also manage Metis Strategy’s social media presence, help grow the company’s marketing capabilities, and play a key support role across media activities including book promotion, article writing, research, and event coordination.
Role & Responsibilities
As part of a small but ambitious team, you will be expected to wear many hats. That said, your primary responsibilities will include:
- End-to-end editing, production, coordination, and publication of audio and video content, including but not limited to Metis Strategy’s flagship podcast and video series, Technovation with Peter High
- Manage our social media presence (primarily LinkedIn and Twitter) and leverage digital marketing to promote Metis Strategy content in creative ways
- Write succinct, compelling, and informative marketing content across a variety of channels, including blog posts and newsletters
- Design and develop captivating graphics, visuals, and infographics to support our media and marketing efforts
- Review, edit, and annotate interview transcripts, identifying and documenting key business and technology insights and trends
- Leverage media analytics and track key performance indicators to enable data-driven decision making
- Upload content and contribute to the ongoing design and development of Metis Strategy’s website
- Assist with the production and coordination of Metis Strategy events (virtual for now, in-person when it is safe to do so)
- Contribute to other media activities across the ecosystem as needed, including research, book promotion, and article writing
Qualifications and Skills
- 1-3 years experience in media, marketing, or communications
- At least one year of experience producing and/or promoting podcast and video content. Some video editing experience required, audio editing experience preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a proven ability to write succinct and engaging copy
- Familiarity with the trends and best practices in social media and online marketing
- Experience managing a brand across social media channels, particularly LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube
- Highly organized, dedicated, and passionate with the ability to plan and deliver on tight deadlines with exceptional attention to detail
- Design skills highly preferred, ideally proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite
- Entrepreneurial spirit with an outcome-oriented approach and a bias for action
- Energetic “roll up your sleeves” mentality
- High intellectual curiosity in the pursuit of professional and personal development
- Integrity and professionalism, with the ability to exercise judgment and maintain confidentiality
- Team player with a willingness to learn from others
- Interest in business, technology, and innovation
What Metis Strategy Has to Offer
Successful candidates will be motivated by the desire to produce and promote high-quality, engaging thought leadership that expands our sphere of influence with Fortune 500 CXOs. They will strategically leverage our diverse media ecosystem to drive business growth and competitive differentiation.
Compensation and benefits are competitive and will be commensurate with each candidate’s qualifications and relevant work experience. Eligibility to work in the U.S. without sponsorship is preferred.
In addition to your individual compensation and professional growth, we offer the unique opportunity to help grow the intellectual, functional, economic, and geographic footprint of a thriving technology and business advisory firm. We not only support but expect all members of the team to identify new growth opportunities and pursue novel approaches to realize them in a way that benefits Metis Strategy and its client and partner ecosystem.