Miami Dade College, is accepting applications for the position of Benefits Analyst. This position interacts with employees, retirees, dependents, and vendors to resolve issues, analyze data, and explain benefits.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with all College programs, which include, but are not limited to: health plans, tuition reimbursement, life insurance, retirement plans including the Florida Retirement System and tax-sheltered annuities, sick leave pool, sick leave transfer and terminal leave plans.
- Analyzes daily PeopleSoft reports, verifies that correct benefit actions have been processed and works with Employee Services to make corrections as necessary.
- Schedules individual employee retirement appointments, prepares file documentation with necessary benefits & leave payout calculations, meets with employee to discuss documents, and enters Retirement benefits data.
- Maintains accurate accounting of benefit payments mailed in by retirees and communicates with retirees to ensure timely remittance of payments.
- Acts as a primary contact for employee benefit questions; works with employees to resolve claim issues; participates in the administration of open enrollment process.
- Bachelor’s degree and five years of experience in Human Resources/Benefits or Master’s degree and one year of experience in Human Resources/Benefits.
To learn more about this and other positions at Miami Dade College visit us at www.mdc.edu/jobs.