Middlemarch Partners is a New York-based merchant banking firm that provides the capital raising and acquisition advisory services of an investment bank and selectively invests as a lead investor or co-investor alongside lead sponsors in private equity and private credit transactions. The firm seeks exceptional individuals who can contribute to Middlemarch’s banking and investing franchise.
Middlemarch focuses on financial services, business services, and impact investing sectors. The firm has deep domain expertise in alternative finance, financial technology, transaction processing, renewable resources, and outsourced professional services. Its Partners have concentrated on these sectors for their entire careers in roles as investment bankers, private equity investors, and operating executives at firms such as Goldman Sachs, Citigroup, TH Lee Putnam Ventures, Securitas Capital, and Cash Edge.
While Middlemarch’s geographic focus is primarily North America, the firm also has advised and invested in companies in Latin America, Europe, and Asia. The firm works with fast-growing late-stage venture through buyout-stage companies, establishing long-term relationships that endure beyond the initial transaction. Over the last ten years, Middlemarch Partners has raised over $1.1 billion dollars in debt and equity from leading private equity firms, hedge funds, credit funds, family offices, and strategic investors.
Associates will work closely with the Founding Partners of Middlemarch to develop and serve clients as well as to evaluate potential investments. Organized in small, collaborative teams, Middlemarch Partners expects Associates to take on leadership roles in supporting clients and helping build the firm. Successful Associates are comfortable working directly with senior clients as well as working independently on analytic efforts.
As merchant bankers, Middlemarch selectively co-invests alongside institutional investors and seeks opportunities to add strategic value beyond our investment dollars. The firm collaborates with lead sponsor firms and executive management teams to build great portfolio companies.
· Identify, research, and analyze investment, M&A, and financing opportunities
· Develop and maintain complex financial models, including loan tapes and other alternative finance products
· Complete and review public and private company valuation analyses
· Conduct research on company and industry trends
· Perform client due diligence
· Create PowerPoint presentations that will be used by clients and investors
· Interact with senior bankers, clients, investors, lawyers, and accountants
· Participate in evaluating potential candidates for Middlemarch investments
· Prepare information memoranda and other transaction-related documentation to share with Middlemarch LPs and co-investors
· Meet with C-suite members of client organizations and work closely with them on their capital markets strategies and transactions
· Interact with portfolio company management teams on special projects, including finance and strategic planning initiatives
· Participate in the writing of thought leadership articles that Middlemarch develops for its clients and its prospects
· Monitor Middlemarch portfolio company’s financial performance
· Manage and develop junior team members
· Two to five years of investment banking, private equity, or strategic consulting experience with outstanding performance
· Successful track record of working on debt and/or equity transactions as a banker, private equity/debt investor, or as a strategic advisor
· Strong strategic and financial analytical abilities and attention to detail
· Highly organized and capable of taking on leadership roles in the firm and in client assignments
· Exceptional quantitative skills and excel skills
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to work in small, collaborative teams as well as to work independently
· Industry experience within financial services and/or financial technology preferred but not required
· Proven academic and professional track record of high performance
· Possession of Series 79 (Series 7 may be applicable) and 63 licenses preferred but not required. New hires without these licenses will require successful completion of these licenses upon hiring
· Work location flexibility is available for Associate candidates who prefer to live outside of New York, but candidates must be willing to travel to New York as needed to support clients and investment activities
· Middlemarch requires all employees to be vaccinated and requires office visitors to complete a health screen for Covid-19 symptoms when visiting the office