Middlesex District Attorney’s Office
About The Office
The Middlesex District Attorney’s Office (MDAO) serves the largest county in New England, covering 54 diverse cities and towns.
Our core mission is to protect and serve the people who work, live, and raise their families in Middlesex County. Assistant District Attorneys, Victim Witness Advocates, Paralegals, and other talented professionals pursue this mission through exhaustive investigations, unassailable prosecutions, and compassionate victim advocacy.
We are also committed to innovative crime prevention and intervention initiatives. Our staff partners with community groups, social service providers, medical professionals, private industry leaders, and law enforcement officers to address a variety of public safety issues.
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Exempt: Full Time 37.5 Hours / Week
Reports to: Director of Human Resources (HR)
Placement within MDAO: Administrative Assistant positions are based in one of MDAO’s offices within Middlesex County.
This position involves interaction with attorneys, law enforcement agencies, court personnel, the public, state agencies, and others on a wide variety of issues and supports a wide range of responsibilities. The administrative assistant provides overall critical administrative support to Assistant District Attorneys and other professional staff of the MDAO.
This is a great opportunity for a self-motivated individual that enjoys being part of a fast paced office, is able to multi-task, re-prioritize regularly, has an unwavering attention to detail, and enjoys working within the criminal justice system and in different environments. The successful candidate will professionally represent the MDAO in communications with other state and local agencies within the scope of this position; exercise maturity, discretion and sound judgment when handling sensitive and confidential information; take initiative when appropriate; but also be able to take direction and meet deadlines.
· Administrative support
· Data entry into case management system (DAMION)
· Create files, copy documents, manage internal and external mail flow
· Answer telephones, direct callers and visitors
· Manage daily schedule for individual(s) assigned to support
· Prepare letters, draft correspondence, manage spreadsheets, print reports
· Assist with communication of information and transfer of material internally and externally
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to assess and address issues and matters in a timely fashion
· Ability to multi-task, refocus and re-prioritize in a high volume and fast paced environment
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team
· Ability to raise issues and/or questions to supervisor in a timely manner if unable to respond or beyond scope of responsibility
· Ability to accurately and timely manage and update data in an electronic case management system
· Excellent organizational and project completion skills, with a strong attention to detail
· Proven ability to meet firm deadlines
· Strong computer skills. Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook
· Outstanding interpersonal skills and professional workplace etiquette
· Strong personal character, integrity, judgment and maturity in handling sensitive & confidential matters
· An understanding of the role of a modern prosecutor’s office within the criminal justice system and the community
· A sincere interest in the public sector and the work of the Middlesex District Attorney’s Office
· A background check is required
· Prior experience working in a professional office environment
· Experience with the Commonwealth’s DAMION case management system
· Experience working with spreadsheets, proper formatting, data sorts & data base queries
Commitment to Diversity
District Attorney Ryan is committed to building a diverse staff and has formed both internal and external diversity committees to help attract, hire, retain and promote the very best staff, diverse in background and perspective, while helping formulate and guide policy and decision making, and pursue the mission of the office. The MDAO is an equal opportunity employer.
The Middlesex District Attorney’s Office requires employees to have received COVID-19 vaccination or to have been approved for exemption as a condition of employment. Finalists will be given details about how to demonstrate receipt of vaccination or request an exemption due to a sincerely held religious belief or if the vaccine is medically contraindicated.
Interested candidates should submit to Aliya Khalidi an MDAO Application form (found at the external link under the “About” tab), a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional or academic references to email@example.com. Please indicate in the “Subject” line the position you are applying for.