Milliman, one of the world’s largest providers of actuarial and related products and services, is looking for motivated applicants for a full time position based out of our Windsor, Connecticut practice. We offer competitive pay and the opportunity to work on real world assignments in a fast-paced health consulting practice.
Candidates should be bright, talented, and hard-working individuals with strong math and analytical skills.
Preferred candidates should meet the following criteria:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong quantitative background
- Passion for healthcare and related topics
- Ability to work independently and in team environment
- Detail-oriented with exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to work on multiple types of projects at one time
- Self-motivated and inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
- Strong time management skills
- Strong leadership qualities
- Ability to use innovation and creativity to solve business problems
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office suite
- Proficiency in statistical programming languages (e.g., VBA, SAS, R, SQL, Python) is a plus, but not required
- Prior experience or internship is a plus
Independent for over 70 years, Milliman delivers market-leading services and solutions to clients worldwide. Today, we are helping companies take on some of the world’s most critical and complex issues, including retirement funding and healthcare financing, risk management and regulatory compliance, data analytics and business transformation.
Through a team of professionals ranging from actuaries to clinicians, technology specialists to plan administrators, we offer unparalleled expertise in employee benefits, investment consulting, healthcare, life insurance and financial services, and property and casualty insurance.
Who We Are
Our principal values form the foundation of our truly distinctive consulting opportunities. The Milliman culture provides motivated individuals with the necessary means to build a successful consulting career.
At Milliman, exposure drives development. Our analysts are exposed to senior decision-makers and interact closely with clients. Analysts gain experience in a fast-paced, challenging environment where they hone their abilities to become future business leaders.
The unique organization of our firm encourages entrepreneurial spirit and eludes bureaucracy. Our analysts have the opportunity to accommodate both their client needs and other passions.
Our employees are our primary financial stakeholders. We offer virtually unlimited earnings potential through competitive base salary, enticing bonus incentives, and profit sharing programs. Analysts also have the opportunity to work with experienced business owners.
At Milliman, responsibility and accountability matter. We rely on the integrity and knowledge of our highly talented employees to meet the needs of our clients. Analysts contribute to a wide variety of exciting and interesting projects, including:
- Pricing, reserving, valuation, and financial projections for Medicare plans and various public and private sector clients
- Providing medical and pharmacy benefit design strategy support for insurance carriers, state health exchanges, and employers
- Developing and using models
- Data analysis and reconciliation
- Solving unique problems using spreadsheets, databases, and other software packages
- Drafting written reports and preparing other correspondence
- Contributing to practice marketing initiatives
Technical: Prepared to use critical thinking and problem-solving skills to complete technical analyses
Effective communicator: Communicates ideas and conclusions effectively in both written and verbal format
Innovative: Consistently introduces new ideas and demonstrates original thinking
Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Curious: Persistently questions assumptions, results, and processes to grasp concepts and drive change
Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
Entrepreneurial Spirit: Inspired to perform well by an ability to drive new ventures within the business
Please upload your resume and cover letter in PDF format.
At Milliman, we focus on creating an environment that recognizes – and exceeds – the personal and professional needs of the individual. We offer a competitive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental and vision coverage for employees and their families, including eligible domestic partners.
- A 401(k) plan with matching program
- Paid Parental Leave up to 12 weeks
- Profit sharing as a discretionary contribution to employees’ retirement accounts
- Paid Time Off (PTO) starts accruing on the first day of work and can be used for any reason.
- Adoption assistance
- Milliman covers 100% of the premiums for life insurance, AD&D, and both short term and long-term disability coverage
- Flexible spending accounts allow employees to set aside pre-tax dollars to pay for dependent care, transportation and applicable medical needs
This position will be based out of the Milliman practice in Windsor, CT. Remote candidates will be considered.
Milliman is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Milliman is fully committed to the maximum utilization of all human resources and the goals of Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action. We recruit, hire, train, promote, and consider qualified applicants for employment, in all job titles without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, creed, familial status, genetic information, marital status, national origin, political ideology, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as an individual with a disability, or veteran status, including qualified disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans; and shall not discriminate against any individual, or any other characteristic protected by law. Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)