MindEdge’s mission is to improve the way the world learns. Our online, college-level courses and professional development courses engage learners globally.
We seek an experienced, creative editor who will formulate, write, and edit online courses. Senior editors are responsible for all aspects of course development, including researching course topics, identifying appropriate learning objectives, writing course material, developing games and assessments, and proofreading and editing course content. This position will be responsible for creating and maintaining courses related to nonprofit management and business leadership. Ideal candidates will have experience working in these subject areas.
Duties of the Senior Editor
This position will work with junior editors, videographers, and our graphic design team to create a compelling online learning experience.
- Write course content, games, and assessments
- Edit content for accuracy, clarity, and quality
- Work with freelance writers and subject matter experts (SMEs)
- Develop video scripts
- Appear on camera for explanatory videos
- Write blog posts
- Meet course completion deadlines
- Keep abreast of latest thinking in nonprofit management and business leadership
- Take ownership of suites of courses in assigned subject areas
- Review, track, and update existing course material
- Attend regularly scheduled editorial meetings
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications
- Master’s degree
- 5+ years experience working with nonprofit organizations
- Expertise in business management and leadership
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a team setting
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Interest in learning technical aspects of online course design, including formatting content using both HTML and XML
Benefits for full-time positions include:
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Sick time
- Short-term disability
Candidates are required to submit a cover letter, résumé, and writing sample to be considered for the position.