Minute Media is a leading media technology brand focused on two main pillars—platform and content. Minute Media’s platform serves as the company’s foundation, powering its content as well as enabling the evolution of other market-leading digital media brands. To date, Minute Media’s owned and operated destinations include The Players’ Tribune, 90min, DBLTAP, Mental Floss, The Big Lead, and FanSided. For more information, check out https://www.minutemedia.com/.
As a HR Specialist, you will create clarity through the support and guidance that you provide to employees and managers on all people-related policies and practices. The day-to-day work of this role will support all stages of the employee lifecycle, including but not limited to, recruitment, employee onboarding, learning and development, performance management, pay and benefits, and employee separation.
What You’ll Do
- Assist the HR Business Partner (HRBP) in providing support for employees and managers across Content, Tech, and G&A on all people-related activities, from attraction to separation
- Manage end-to-end recruitment with the support of the Talent Acquisition team
- Support managers on new employee onboarding activities with a focus on coaching managers on developing training and integration plans
- Assist with identifying training needs, researching training solutions, scheduling, administering, and tracking of training programs for employees within the client group
- Coordinate and conduct employee offboarding activities
- Maintain personnel files and data in relevant systems
- Handle inbound employee inquiries; providing guidance that is in line with internal policies, processes, and practices
- Partner with the HRBP to coordinate projects and/or assignments as needed
What You’ll Have
- 2-3 years of HR experience in an administrative, generalist, or recruitment capacity
- Proactive, client service mentality with approachable style
- Highly organized, great at prioritizing and following up
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Office or Google Workspace
- Ability to maintain the highest levels of confidentiality
- Passion for collaborating with others, working on projects from start to finish, and flagging inefficiencies
What You’ll Get
- Opportunity to make a meaningful impact in a fast-growing company
- Career development opportunities & different skill-based workshops offered each quarter
- Fun company events and celebration with a focus on DEI each quarter
- We highly value team collaboration, empathy and respect towards one another and see this as a key component to delivering the best results
- Employee donation matching program
- Community involvement opportunities, both in-person and remote
- We hire 100% remote talent across the nation with the ability to work from our NYC office if desired
- Free 8 personal coaching & 8 therapy sessions with top-tier providers that are totally confidential
- $950 work-from-home stipend that can be used towards furniture, headphones, wifi, and much more!
- Free swag and gift cards given throughout the year
- Competitive medical, dental & vision insurance
- 401k benefits
Minute Media is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Not sure that you’re 100% qualified but are up for the challenge? We want you to apply!
Check the URL and email address of any correspondence with Minute Media. If it is not from @minutemedia.com, treat it as fraudulent. To learn how to protect yourself from recruitment fraud click here.