Role: Summer 2021 Programmatic Fellowship
MiQ’s Programmatic Fellowship (MPF)
Develop the skills, experiences, and connections to accelerate your career in digital advertising
We’re launching our first-ever Fellowship Program to train and develop emerging talent interested in digital advertising. MPF is a full-time, paid opportunity for
- college juniors, seniors, and recent graduates who want to explore the growing field of programmatic advertising
- or those looking to jumpstart/re-start a career in ad-tech
Participants will gain significant on-the-job learning experience within a chosen specialization (account management or programmatic trading) while building a professional tool kit and creating friendships and mentorships throughout a 10 week period.
- Technical training: industry learning and role specific training
- Experiential learning: projects and shadowing
- Professional training and development: time management and communication skills
- Team building: networking and social events
2021 Program Dates
June 14 – August 20 (10 Weeks)
- Authorized to work in the US without sponsorship (visas are not accepted)
- Be available for the full Fellowship program period (June 14 – August 20)
- Priority consideration for those who are currently a college junior or senior OR immediately available to jumpstart or re-start a career in ad-tech
- Application Deadline: April 23
- Round 1: Submit your resume & answer our writing prompt as your cover letter
- Round 1a (only for those interested in the Trading track): A brief 5 question Math test after passing the resume review and writing prompt.
- Round 2: Preliminary phone interview
- Round 3: Virtual Interview Day
Writing Prompt (please attach as your cover letter)
Take a look at our core values. Which one resonates with you the most and why? Further, tell us what excites you the most about our Fellowship program and how it can help you accomplish your short-term career goals (please write in 500 words or less).
WHO WE ARE
We’re MiQ, a programmatic media partner for marketers and agencies. We connect data from multiple sources to do interesting, exciting, business-problem-solving things for our clients. We’re experts in data science, analytics and programmatic trading, and we’re always ready to react and solve challenges quickly, to make sure our clients are always spending their media investments on the right things in the right places.
Our business keeps growing and our company keeps getting better because we keep hiring smart new people.
People who can challenge conventions and shake things up. People who want to connect with people all over the world to make great things happen. People who are as excited by the opportunities of programmatic marketing as us.
If that sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you.
CHECK OUT OUR WORK
WHO YOU ARE
- Detail-oriented, hard working, self motivated, and proactive
- Eager to learn about programmatic advertising and technology
- Energetic, driven and enthusiastic
- Able to work on cross-functional teams and with different personalities
- Junior or graduating senior looking to explore opportunities within the programmatic space
- Available to work on a full-time basis during the duration of the program
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
You can choose to specialize in Account Management (AM) or Programmatic Trading. Read below and tell us which excites you! Please submit your application for only one role. If we see that you could be fit for the other we will discuss them with you as you advance in the process.
The account management team leads campaign execution and success through hard work, passion, and communication. They work across sales, trading, analysis, and product teams to plan and execute digital media campaigns. They provide clients with responsive service and the insights that help solve their business challenges. You can expect to further develop and build skills in organization, time management, communication, digital programmatic knowledge, analysis, and digital media strategy.
Key traits for success
- Well organized
- Detail oriented
- Love to problem solve and think creatively
- Ability to project manage (work under pressure with multiple deadlines)
- Communication skills (strong track record of written and verbal)
- Ability to work within a group and/or group project experience
- Eager/excited about advertising or programmatic
- Bonus: PowerPoint and Excel familiarity
As a trader, you will be at the heart of the business. Traders are responsible for executing advertising campaigns for some of the world’s leading brands. For someone who is analytically-minded, trading provides the opportunity to use your skills to help solve real-life business challenges. You can expect to further develop and build skills in analyzing large datasets to make strategic decisions, setting up and optimizing programmatic advertising campaigns, collaborating with other departments including sales, account management and our analysis team, and communicating with clients.
Key traits for success
- Mathematical/analytical background
- Comfortable working with large datasets
- Competent using Excel (preferred, not required)
- Detail oriented
- Time management Skills
- Communication skills
How many fellows are going to be selected to participate in the program?
We will be selecting 4-5 fellows for each specialization.
Where will the program take place?
The program will take place virtually – mostly via Google Hangouts and Zoom.
Is the program open to all majors?
Absolutely. We’ve seen people from various backgrounds both within and outside of advertising join our AM team. For trading, popular majors have included economics, math, finance, statistics – anything with a quantitative and critical thinking focus. However, as long as you have the skills and passion, we’re not limited to reviewing candidates from only these backgrounds.
Can I apply even if I’m not a student or recent grad?
Of course! At MiQ, we’re all about embracing the learning mindset. If you are interested in what we do, have a passion or interest in the ad-tech industry, we definitely want to connect with you.
What’s in it for me?
A chance to scale your career and learn new things. From hands-on work experience to professional development opportunities and networking events, you can immerse yourself in the world of programmatic to learn what opportunities exist in this field. We look forward to welcoming our fellows and sharing what makes us unique.