This internship is being hosted by MIT Solve. Solve is an initiative of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) with a mission to solve world challenges. During this internship you will receive guidance and programming from Solve in addition to your host organization.
EA Ecoversity is empowering Native Hawaiian youth and young adults to reach their highest potential and solve 21st century challenges by reconnecting to their Native language and culture.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborates with a dynamic team of educational designers and e-developers to code a customizable, culturally-driven, highly flexible, non -linear Indigenous Learning Management System (I-LMS), accessible from multiple platforms.
- Assists with determining VPS hosting platform, with C-panel environment and SSL layer, look and feel of the LMS, and alignment of functions, layout and content of the LMS with specific community needs.
- Assures seamless integration of high quality, culture-based videos and linked assignments, shared meets and communication with other learners, fun, relevant on and off line educational games etc. into engaging, interactive website and mobile app.
Seeking experience and skills in:
- Web-design, coding, gamification and app design and development.
- Understanding of multiple platform delivery.
- Culturally-driven online education.
- Working collaboratively within a fast-paced team environment.
- Working with a minimum level of direct supervision.
- Efficient and effective communication skills in English
- Interest in entering the Hawaiʻi E-learning industry.
This is unfortunately an unpaid internship with a small social enterprise. While we are unable to pay you for your time, we hope this will be a fun and valuable experience to get an inside look into the work of social entrepreneurs and an organization that is making an impact on the world. This internship has a flexible start and end date, but would likely be over the summer with the possibility of extension.