MIT Solve Internship with OmniVis
The OmniVis Marketing and Sales Intern will lead the way in improving and growing the OmniVis brand. You will be conducting research and compiling information that is vital to improving traffic to our website. You will be assisting in day-to-day management of marketing and branding tasks, including social media strategy, email campaigns, event ideas, storytelling, writing for the company blog, and developing your own unique strategies. You will be involved in our business and sales development by creating lists of potential partners to target, developing a strategic partnership plan, preparing introductory materials for new partners, attending meetings with partners, and maintaining our CRM system. You will be collaborating with our entire team, including management, finance, business operations, engineering and science.
- Support social media development.
- Develop relevant material and campaigns that appeal to a greater audience that relates to OmniVis.
- Increase OmniVis presence in the greater community.
- Maintain consistent branding.
- Develop new and creative ideas for blog posts, social media channels, and other marketing materials as is relevant.
- Research potential partners
- Develop a strategic partnership plan
- Create introductory materials
- Attend partnership meetings
- Maintain CRM system
Read more about this Solver team and their impactful work here.
- Required: Have previous experience or coursework in marketing or sales.
- Preferred coursework: Coursework related to Business Development, Sales or Marketing.
- Preferred skills: Strong written and verbal communication, independent, resourceful, enjoys creating new approaches, problem solver, prior customer-facing experience, entrepreneurial spirit, tenacious, eager to pursue own projects, identifies with the OmniVis vision and mission.
- Second-year or higher only
This internship is being hosted by MIT Solve. Solve is an initiative of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) with a mission to solve world challenges.
This is unfortunately an unpaid internship with a small social enterprise. While we are unable to pay you for your time, we hope this will be a fun and valuable experience to get an inside look into the work of social entrepreneurs and an organization that is making an impact on the world. This internship has a flexible start and end date, but would likely be over the summer with the possibility of extension.