Congratulations on taking control of your career! We’re pleased you’re exploring opportunities to evolve and adapt your professional life. MITRE’s diversity of sponsor missions, research areas, and cross-corporate capabilities translates into hundreds of meaningful projects at any given time. We invite you to discover how your unique combination of strengths and experiences can benefit our work program in new ways.
As a Federally Funded Research and Development Center (FFRDC), MITRE staff are tasked with applying their skills to impact programmatic and technical decisions of highest importance to the nation. The MITRE Corporation’s Resilient Communications Department (N152) supports communication capabilities used by the United States military and International partners across all domains from underwater, to aerial-layer, and space-based. The Resilient Communications Department’s focus is on creating and fielding adaptive communications and networking infrastructure needed for successful execution of different mission areas for Operations in Contested Environments (OCE). This involves modernizing fielded communications capabilities in the near/mid-terms and developing/fielding the next generation communications in all phases of systems evolution from concept exploration, through experimentation and development. DoD communications needs pose unique challenges to operate globally in dynamic or denied environments including the effects of electronic warfare. MITRE works hand-in-hand with Government sponsors to serve as technical advisors bringing domain experience and state-of-the-art solutions to solve unique communications challenges. The department’s primary areas of concentration are in RF communications, networking, modeling and simulation, system integrations, systems engineering, and software programming.
- Key Responsibilities:
- You will work in a collaborative team environment to development models and simulations for analyzing communications and networking systems at many different levels of abstraction to include:
- Scenario-based modeling with multiple users and platforms participating in missions conducted in difficult (contested) environments
- Performance modeling of communication waveforms given limited technical specifications
- Network and protocol modeling of wireless multi-domain (aerial/ground) networks
- You will develop new models and leverage existing models to conduct analyses and support actionable data-driven technical recommendations
- You will adhere to guidelines for modeling approaches, software documentation, and best practices as established by the department
- You have experience with software development and are familiar with modeling & simulation concepts
- You have interpersonal skills to effectively work in multi-disciplinary teams across organizations
- Currently pursuing (or recently received) a degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, or similar field
- Must be a U.S. citizen with the ability to possess/maintain a DoD Secret or Top Secret clearance
- Preferred Experience:
- Familiarity with RF communication concepts and technologies, familiarity with tactical communications and networking, or familiarity with DoD command and control procedures
- Experience with modeling and simulation tools such as: MATLAB, AFSIM, STK, etc.
- Experience with software development using Python, C/C++/C#, Git, etc.
MITRE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. MITRE recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual identity, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status.
MITRE intends to maintain a website that is fully accessible to all individuals. If you are unable to search or apply for jobs and would like to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of MITRE’s employment process, please contact MITRE’s Recruiting Help Line at 703-983-8226 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Copyright © 1997-2020, The MITRE Corporation. All rights reserved. MITRE is a registered trademark of The MITRE Corporation. Material on this site may be copied and distributed with permission only.