We seek candidates to research and write articles for Mondato’s weekly publication, the Mondato Insight, on diverse topics within the digital finance and FinTech space. The appropriate candidate will be able to generate polished original content which incorporates input from the editorial team and adheres to Mondato’s editorial standards and calendar deadlines.
It is critical that candidates be driven by a sincere interest (and preferably some background) in the digital financial services ecosystem (e.g. digital commerce, financial inclusion, mobile money, mobile payments, remittances, banking and finance, and cryptocurrency). It is also important that candidates exhibit a commitment to producing excellent written work, and to conducting ample primary research to support their written product.
The core requirements and desired characteristics for the person who fills this role include:
· Background in business research and/or business communications;
· Outstanding writing and editing skills;
· Familiarity with digital media and writing for the web;
· Grasp of overall digital media landscape and online research methods;
· Experience working with an editor;
· Experience writing under deadline;
· Demonstrated strong self-management skills; and,
· Ability to multi-task, to prioritize and to set and achieve goals.
· Experience in business journalism as a writer and/or editor;
· Strong academic track record, and self-motivated to excellence;
· Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word, PPT), collaborative tools (Google Docs);
· Familiarity with emerging markets (Africa, Asia, and Latin America);
· Ability to maintain a brand voice in written work; and,
· Experience conducting and recording interviews for media publications.
Headquartered in Washington D.C. and established in 2008 on a foundation of years of experience in the telecommunications, technology and financial sectors, Mondato is a consulting firm with a unique and inclusive understanding of Fintech and Digital Finance.
Mondato believes the advancement of our industry depends on both innovation and impact. We contribute by preparing our clients to meet their goals, publishing thought leadership pieces and original research, and hosting summits for industry leaders around the world.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate proficiency in the above-mentioned and will also need to have a flexible working style, a high degree of maturity and a positive, friendly disposition. For additional information on the Mondato Insight, visit blog.mondato.com. For more information on Mondato, please visit www.mondato.com.