We are currently seeking a Paralegal Clerk to immediately join the Paralegal Department at our office in New York City. The candidate will be responsible for, among other things, the handling of in-person court filings; retrieval of pleadings and other court records from Federal and State Courts; assisting attorneys with electronic filing of documents in the Federal and State Court Systems; managing the firm’s in-house docketing system; service of subpoenas and various other legal processes; as well as other general paralegal duties as needed.
– A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
– Between 0 – 1 year of related experience in a law firm or other legal environment desired.
– Knowledge of Federal and State Courts in New York State, including filing and operating procedures.
– Frequent trips to area courts, governmental agencies, other law offices, for filings, document retrieval, and service of process.
– Familiarity with the use of PACER, ECF, NYSCEF, E-Courts, SCROLL, and other electronic docketing systems.
– Experience using Lexis Nexis, Westlaw, and other online research tools.
– Ability to effectively communicate with attorneys, court clerks, and others, both orally and in writing.
– Must be able to work well under pressure and meet short deadlines.
– Flexibility to work overtime when required.