Do you want to lead one of the fastest growing advertising teams in progressive politics? Do you want to scale a department to the next level? Mothership Strategies is seeking a Director to manage its advertising division in 2021 and beyond.
Mothership Strategies is a top-ranking Democratic digital fundraising firm. We are experts in engaging grassroots supporters online through digital fundraising and online advertising. Mothership has raised over $600 million for some of the largest Democratic campaigns and most influential progressive causes. We are a motivated and passionate team that loves taking ownership of tasks, solving problems, and working towards results. When Democratic candidates and organizations need to unite millions of supporters to raise money online, they call us.
We’re looking for a Director of Advertising to lead, operate, and grow Mothership’s Advertising division. In this position, you will lead a team of digital advertising strategists in the execution of high impact list growth, fundraising and mobilization online advertising programs on behalf of Democratic candidates and progressive organizations. The Director will collaborate with Partners, Principals, and other content team members in the execution of client programs. The Director will be considered a member of Mothership’s Senior Staff and report to the Principal. Compensation package is commensurate with experience, starting at $160,000+ annually.
- Supervise, train and develop a cross-functional team in the design and execution of online lead acquisition / fundraising advertising programs
- Oversee the development and implementation of teamwide and company-wide collaboration for ads processes and systems with an eye to innovation and efficiency
- Collaborate, as a member of Mothership’s senior staff, to address company-wide management goals and challenges, and advance the role of advertising at Mothership.
- Oversee Quality Control and Team processes / operations ensuring strong output
- Ensure best practice and innovation in all areas; fostering knowledge sharing across capabilities and teams
- Guide junior team members in campaign set-up, including testing methodologies, reporting requirements, and optimization requirements, ensuring full impact and efficiency of each campaign
- Drive training and development for department staff. Act as a resource for performance reviews, coaching, and training to maximize success
- Guide department in setting goals and project tasks and timelines, ensuring team members have challenging, level-appropriate projects and opportunities to learn new skills, contributing to overall team success
- Develop and maintain advertising strategy, budget and forecast for clients
- Ensure and oversee full-funnel execution across all major platforms including search, social, and display.
- Guide the management of clients throughout the entire strategic, planning and implementation process
- Oversee creation and development of media specific documents such as media plans, objectives and strategy decks, and other related functions
- Initiate development of testing methodologies, reporting requirements, and optimization requirements, for ensuring full impact and efficiency of each account
- Lead in development of analytics capabilities to create and define measurement plans
- Stay abreast of industry trends, work with SME to develop POVs related to overall social marketplace buying
- Find opportunities to establish new projects and grow client revenue
- Interact directly with key clients to expand the scope of advertising services Mothership provides to them, make the case for digital, and provide strategic guidance
Who You Are
- Both creative and analytical – a data powered strategist
- Nimble and flexible to succeed in a fast-paced startup environment
- A collaborative, team-oriented manager with strong delegation and organization skills
- Confident in navigating conversations with senior leadership internally and externally
- A problem solver with foresight and the ability to develop creative solutions
- Detail oriented with commitment to follow through
- A strong leader, excited to manage and grow team members
- A strategic thinker with strong general business acumen
- Committed to the success of Mothership as a whole
- A supporter of and advocate for Democratic and Progressive cause
YOU’RE A GOOD FIT IF YOU HAVE:
- 7+ years experience in paid digital marketing, preferably in politics or e-commerce
- 5+ years management experience
- Experience hiring and building teams through all stages of growth
- Deep knowledge of the advertising space
- Strong multi-dimensional background in paid content creation, platform implementation and planning to achieve a variety of KPIs, including but not limited to list growth, direct donate, and mobilization goals
- Experience owning the full social strategy process inclusive of working with partners, clients and internal stakeholders
- Comfortable owning and managing large budget/investment levels in paid media across multiple accounts
- Ability to work comfortably within seas of data and motivate teams of strategists to incorporate data into their everyday work
- Deep understanding of advanced analytics and performance media
As the safety and wellbeing of our team is of the utmost importance, all Mothership staff members are working remotely until it is safe to resume working in the office.
Full-time remote work options are available, but we primarily operate from our Washington, DC office.
The ideal candidate will live on the East Coast, because upon return to the office in 2022, candidates must be willing to travel to our DC office as needed, or be open to relocating to the Washington, DC area. **Relocation is not required**
WHY ELSE SHOULD YOU APPLY?
- Competitive Salary
- Bonus Program
- Excellent Benefits (Including Student Loan Repayment)
- Metro/Parking Reimbursement
- Cell Phone Reimbursement
- LinkedIn Learning
- Access to top tier technology (MacBook Environment)
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY POLICY
Mothership Strategies is an equal opportunity employer. As an organization that fights for progressive values nationwide, we’re committed to building a community based on diversity and inclusion at all levels. To that end, we strictly prohibit discrimination based on age, race, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical condition related to pregnancy or childbirth), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, military status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Applicants of all backgrounds who are passionate about progressive politics are able and encouraged to apply!