About the Internships
Movement Labs is seeking Spring 2021 interns to help implement our text bank campaigns and provide support for special projects. We are seeking interns in the following areas:
- Communications – social media, website, etc.
- Operations – texting campaigns, administration, etc.
- Volunteer management – support, research, troubleshooting, etc.
- Business development and marketing – reporting, sales, research, etc.
- Data and technology – data management, queries, SQL, etc.
Additional interns are needed to join our Contest Every Race (CER) research team. CER is an organization managed by Movement Labs that uses peer-to-peer texting to recruit progressives to run for office, specifically in traditionally-uncontested local races.
CER is seeking late winter and spring interns who will help with our research efforts and offer support to our candidate recruits. You will be identifying Republican incumbents and filing requirements in down-ballot races as part of our statewide initiatives to recruit progressive candidates. You will work with a team of volunteers who search online and make hundreds of phone calls to county and municipal election officials, learn which races are up for election and to check who has filed to run. This role is a great way to make a real difference in American politics from anywhere in the US.
- Passion for uplifting the work of progressive activists, organizations, and candidates
- “Get it done” attitude
- Demonstrated detail-orientation
- Ability to work independently and regularly communicate status updates
- Ability to work well both in groups and individually
- Ability to take instruction well
- Excellent organizational skills
- Systematic in your approach to projects
- Online research skills
- Competence in Excel/GoogleDocs
- Ability to communicate clearly, directly, and patiently
- Comfort using peer-to-peer texting programs and digital organizing tools
- Remote experience helpful
Interns for Movement Labs and Contest Every Race will work remotely and will receive a stipend for a minimum of 15-20 hours per week. Both late high school and college student internships are possible.
How to Apply: Submit your resume and a brief cover letter including your work availability (days of the week, hours) and the type of internship you are interested in by Monday, March 1, 2021, to email@example.com. Internships will be filled as applications are received.