Mr. Cooper’s summer internship program offers college students the chance to discover what it’s like to work at a leading financial services organization. Our interns deliver innovative solutions to real business challenges and build enduring relationships with their manager and an assigned mentor. While gaining insight into the industry, interns are immediately part of Mr. Cooper’s collaborative culture. Spend your summer at Mr. Cooper and gain a career where you can make a difference! Our summer internship program begins in June 2022 and ends August 2022.
The Account Services Analyst Intern will be provided a big picture of how mortgages work from a cash and credit reporting perspective. The successful candidate will join a team with great morale and strong camaraderie that effectively and efficiently executes tasks.
Roles and Responsibilities
This position is responsible for payment applications and other cash transactions where primary functions are exception-based and workflow items fall outside of normal processing routines, primarily the posting of borrower payments and exposure to credit reporting.
- Daily Pending Payment review and reporting
- Credit Bureau Reporting dispute reviews
- Bank Reconciliation Support and Reporting
- Other duties as assigned
- Enrolled full-time and pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree from an accredited college/university or have graduated within one year of start date (June 2022)
- Majoring in Business Administration, Accounting, or related degree
- At least 2 years of accounting or cash flow experience (coursework acceptable)
- Experience with MS Excel (VLOOKUP, PivotTables, simple formulas and functions)
- Candidates must have authorization to work permanently in the US without the need for sponsorship (Currently, our organization is unable to support candidates that are on OPT, CPT or candidates that will need sponsorship, now or in the future)
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Committed self-starter with a demonstrated history of strong work ethic and reliable task completion
- Must maintain confidentiality of sensitive information