* We are looking for someone to work full time in the summer and then who can continue on to work part time during the fall semester*
As a member of Munich Re’s US operations, we offer the financial strength and stability that comes with being part of the world’s preeminent insurance and reinsurance brand. Our risk experts work together to assemble the right mix of products and services to help our clients stay competitive – from traditional reinsurance coverages, to niche and specialty reinsurance and insurance products.
Munich Re Facultative and Corporate (MR F&C) was recently created to bundle Munich Re’s facultative and corporate business into one global unit. We believe that by aligning our single risk business in one unified team we will better position Munich Re to provide a holistic suite of products and services that meet the growing demands of our clients and broker partners.
Future focused and always one step ahead
With this opportunity, your primary responsibility will be to provide support to the MR F&C Underwriting Support Team.
As Underwriting Support Intern, you will be responsible for the following:
- Setting up new & renewal submissions within the company’s processing systems.
- Process Decline tasks by updating Workflow and Underwriting systems.
- Process Certificate tasks by moving underwriting status in Underwriting systems to Signed line.
- Perform Diary follow up for Final Audits and Policies.
- Setup Policy Review and or Final Audit Endorsement workflows.
- Assist with Policy Review by comparing Policy declaration page to data coded in Underwriting systems.
- Special projects and other tasks as needed.
- Rising Undergraduate Junior or Senior majoring in Business Administration, Finance, Risk Management, or other relevant subjects
- Experience with Microsoft Office.
- Proactive, eager to learn quickly
- Superior attention to detail
- Ability to work full-time through the summer (potential to work flexible hours during the fall semester)
At Munich Re US, we see Diversity and Inclusion as a solution to the challenges and opportunities all around us. Our goal is to foster an inclusive culture and build a workforce that reflects the customers we serve and the communities in which we live and work. We strive to provide a workplace where all of our colleagues feel respected, valued and empowered to achieve their very best every day. We recruit and develop talent with a focus on providing our customers the most innovative products and services.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.