Nanowear is the new standard-bearer for A.I-based remote diagnostics utilizing its proprietary cloth-based nanotechnology. Nanowear will improve the quality of preventive medicine, practitioner productivity, and patient care through Nanowear’s connected-care platform. Nanowear’s application spans opportunities across therapeutics and other industry verticals, including neurological monitoring, clinical and pharmaceutical research, and military and industrial safety
The Electronics team at Nanowear Inc creates breakthroughs in wearable medical electronics and delivers them to market at scale. We are looking to hire an Electromechanical Systems Engineer experienced in design, development, and testing of electronic and mechanical components and systems, electromechanical connectors, enclosures (plastic / metal / water resistant), packaging techniques, and the like. You will focus on early-stage technology development and large-scale production in parallel, giving you the ability to utilize your creativity, influence product design, and technology selection. You will be challenged to think creatively by discovering unmet patient needs, concepting designs, and developing prototypes for next gen wearable medical electronics.
· Concept, design, develop, and document mechanical and electro-mechanical solutions for components, systems, and assemblies.
· Creation of realizable systems architectures incorporating advanced technology projects targeting the creation of future products and improving current products.
· Understand design requirements and create proof of concepts with heavy involvement in the product realization and bring-up. Involve in brainstorms and innovation sessions to develop designs and solve technical challenges to determine technical feasibility of new product research and concepts.
· Develop and concept principles of design thinking, user experience/ergonomics, and human factors engineering with visceral, behavioral, and reflective cognitive levels.
· Research and identify trends in multiple industries, competition and beyond and reflect this knowledge in developing disruptive designs. Present designs and project status to cross functional teams and leads.
· Develop assembly procedures, fixtures and test methods to support experimentation and fast, iterative prototyping.
· Develop and execute manual/automated tests for system verification/validation on electrical, electronics, mechanical devices.
· Develop requirements, development plan, test procedures, test protocols, test reports, and traceability; participate in design reviews and contribute to test planning and design.
· Determine, coordinate, and perform applicable tests as per the applicable ISO/AAMI/IEC standards.
· Bachelors or Masters or PhD degree in an engineering discipline required; Electrical Engineering or Mechanical or Biomedical Engineering preferred.
· Low/Medium/High volume prototyping and production of medical electronics or consumer health electronics experience. Experience in designing for a production environment is a plus.
· 2D and 3D design and development experience and proficiency
· Practical experience with electronic components/modules, medical sensors, packaging techniques, shielding, enclosures (plastic / metal / water resistant), electromechanical connectors with the knowledge of rapid prototyping and proof of concept work
· Proficient in SolidWorks / AutoCAD in developing mechanical and electromechanical designs.
· Established experience working in both early-stage technology and manufacturing projects.
· Experience designing electromechanical assemblies and connection mechanisms.
· Experience with industrial machining and injection molding preferred.
· Ability to rapidly iterate concepts and understand the value of failures in the design process.
· Medical Device verification and validation experience preferred.
· Experience in writing and executing effective test protocols and reports is required.
· Experience and/or understanding Medical Device Quality systems.
· Experience with statistical analysis, MATLAB, Python, and data analysis preferred.
· Experience with ISO/AAMI/IEC standards preferred.