NARAL Pro-Choice America is hiring for multiple positions in our internship and fellowship program. Our program will help you gain real-world, practical job skills to prepare you for your career. As one of the leading advocacy organizations in the country, you’ll be learning from the best – and leaving your mark on the organization as well. Our interns contribute significantly to the fight to protect and expand reproductive freedom for every body.
We are looking for fiercely pro-choice candidates with a strong commitment to reproductive freedom. If you’re interested in politics, non-profit work, and/or reproductive freedom, we want to hear from you!
Compensation: Hourly rate $15/hr ($16.07/hr if based in San Francisco) and a $50 per month home office stipend depending on in-person/remote capabilities
Start date: June 1st or June 7th (though we can be flexible)
Length of internship: 10-12 weeks
Location: Due to COVID-19, the nature of in-person work environments and stay at home remote work are constantly changing. We are making accommodations to have remote internship. However, you must be able to work Eastern Time Zone hours.
You might be a fit for our internship program, if you’re…
– Currently enrolled in or recently completed (within 6 months) an accredited undergraduate or graduate degree program
– Able to make a 12-week commitment starting on June 1st or June 7th
– Excited to work to advance reproductive freedom
– Passionate and devoted to protecting the right of all people to exercise the full range of their reproductive choices
– Enthusiastic about working with diverse groups and creating an inclusive and equitable environment for everyone
– Familiar with Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite (or interested in learning!)
Read on to learn about the responsibilities for the individual organizing internships!
Organizing interns might…
- Have previous organizing experience (professional or volunteer)
- Have experience in or a connection with the location where they will be organizing (or the ability to learn and adapt to a new organizing culture quickly!)
- Have career goals aligned with this internship opportunity (this could be anything from interest in working at non-profits to specifically becoming an organizer!)
- Can be available to support some evening and weekend events (we will adjust hours accordingly to ensure you are not asked to work overtime!)
- Speak multiple languages. This isn’t a requirement, but we definitely encourage candidates who speak multiple languages to apply to these roles!
We’re organizing in these regions:
- Distributed: National organizing
- Southwest: CO, NV, AZ
- Northeast: ME, NH, NY
- Southeast: GA, SC, NC
We’re also hiring a state specific organizer:
- California (Please note that California interns must be based in California)
Internships are an opportunity to explore potential career paths, so you can feel free to apply to any of the organizing regions that are interesting to you.