The Remote Learning Support Tutor oversees the overall functioning of the center, providing individual and group tutoring to students as directed by Special Education Teachers. The Tutor collaborates with other staff members in the center to provide the student’s learning profiles/IEP information, their schedules and develops appropriate instructional strategies/implementation.
Reports to: Building Principal(s)
This role requires attendance in the building in order to collaborate and gather materials from staff on site and get the materials and expectations for dissemination to students. Tutors will be in contact with students within 24 hours of their quarantine and within an additional 24 hours will gather work to ensure students stay on track during the quarantine period.
1. Tutor will manage the coordination between General Education/Special Education faculty and the children who are placed on quarantine due to COVID close contact status.
2. The tutor will coordinate student work completion and academic interventions, guide and monitor their daily work completion activities as directed by the General and special education teachers who are still working in the building.
3. Develop and implement strategies to meet the needs of students with a variety of learning styles and behavioral and emotional challenges under the direction and guidance of the regular education teachers. This may include setting up live stream scenarios in the building to allow students to view some lessons (lecture style) in their daily schedule. The decision to prioritize or execute live stream will be driven by the classroom teacher/special education teacher (if applicable).
4. Communicate with parents, students and staff to ensure students are kept up to date with work, deadlines, resources, etc.
5. Maintain student confidentiality.
6. Listen and communicate effectively and professionally with all students, staff, and, when under the direction of a supervisor, the student’s parents.
7. Upon request provides input for team meetings and conferences.
8. Flexible schedule may be required at times, not to exceed daily work hours.
9. Additional duties as assigned.