The National Committee is looking for full- and part-time interns. The internship offers an exciting opportunity for current students and recent graduates to join a communications and public relations team supporting initiatives focused on U.S.-China relations, while working directly on programs that enhance and inform that evolving relationship. The internship is unpaid, but working from home costs are reimbursed.
*Course credit for this internship will be considered based on a review of the institutional requirements for course credit.
Location: Remote (business hours are from 9 to 5 EST)
- Work directly with the NCUSCR communications team to produce events-related communications, including creating event graphics, digital invitations, and social media notices
- Help produce post-event promotional content, including social media messaging, video clips, transcript outsourcing and editing, and reporting on events for monthly e-newsletter
- Distill key takeaways from our programs to create compelling promotional content
- Collaborate on and contribute to video interview series, podcasts, and outreach to public audiences
- Translate various materials and correspondences (English – Chinese)
- Excellent research, writing, editing, and interpersonal skills, and strong attention to detail
- Ability to work well and thrive within a team environment
- Academic background in journalism, public relations, communications, or related fields. Chinese studies, international relations, and related fields also considered
- Video editing and/or graphic design skills
- Knowledge of Adobe CS products, including Photoshop, InDesign, Premiere, Illustrator, etc. preferred
- Knowledge of Mandarin Chinese
- Ability to work a minimum of three days per week during business hours
How to Apply:
For applications, submit the following components through NCUSCR’s internship application portal (please DO NOT apply via Handshake):
- Cover letter indicating why you are interested in and qualified to work at the National Committee
- Submit one of the following: original news article, press release, or multimedia product (edited video clip, graphic design portfolio, etc.) with the application for consideration
No phone calls please. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.