Applications submitted through Handshake will not be considered.
The National Consortium for the Study of Terrorism and Responses to Terrorism (START) is now hiring a marketing assistant to work in the field of marketing and communication for START’s headquarters at the University of Maryland, College Park. This is an hourly position of up to 10 hours per week, with a term of 3 months, starting in May 2021.
As part of START’s effort to recruit master’s level students for START’s graduate programs, START seeks a marketing assistant that can assist with design, delivery, and management of both paid and unpaid program advertising.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Support Acting Communications Manager in ensuring search engine optimization for web page
- Draft language for social media content and paid ads
- Track, schedule, and post social media content directly or using Hootsuite
- Track and support Acting Communications Manager in responding to metrics for paid ads
- Research further marketing sites and/or opportunities
- Assist education team with responding to requests for information as needed
- Collect email lists for media and professional contacts for email blasts
- B.A. or B.S., preferably in marketing, advertising, or a related field
- Demonstrated experience assisting with marketing campaigns and social media campaigns
- Ability to work remotely
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to work independently while juggling competing deadlines
- Strong written communication skills
- Experience using Hootsuite
- Demonstrated ability to collect and interpret marketing analytics
- Experiencing using paid ads on Google and social media sites
- Experience marketing and advertising in a university or research setting
- Experience creating marketing materials for a variety of stakeholders
Salary: Pay will be between $16-20/hr depending on level of experience and expertise demonstrated in the cover letter, resume, and interview.
Application Information: Qualified applicants should submit resume and cover letter with subject title “START Marketing Assistant” to: Liberty Day at firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, April 19, 2021 for best consideration. Applications submitted through Handshake will not be considered.