The National Endowment for Democracy (NED) is a federally funded, private, grant making organization funded by an annual Congressional appropriation. Its aims are to promote democratic reform and foster civil society worldwide. The Endowment is also the home of the International Forum for Democratic Studies, the Journal of Democracy, and serves as the secretariat for the World Movement for Democracy. The Reagan-Fascell Democracy Fellows Program is an international exchange program that offers practitioners, scholars, and journalists from around the world the opportunity to conduct independent research on democracy in a particular country or region.
Position Summary: The Reagan-Fascell Democracy Fellows Program is seeking a motivated individual to serve as a paid intern for Spring 2022. This paid internship provides professional development opportunities in international exchange, with a focus on the program’s website and social media presence, support for program publications and competition, and database management. The paid intern will interact with Reagan-Fascell Democracy Fellows in residence at the International Forum for Democratic Studies, the research, and publications arm of the NED, and participate in the collegial environment of the Forum, including fellows’ presentations and other NED events.
Intern will assist with:
- Annual Reagan-Fascell fellowship competition.
- Promotional efforts, including website and social media development.
- Program publications, both print and electronic.
- Other duties, as appropriate.
- Candidate must be a registered student enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate-level program.
- Qualified candidates should have excellent writing skills, strong analytical skills, maintain a strong work ethic and have sharp attention to detail.
- We seek a college student with:
- interest in human rights and international exchange.
- strong writing, editing, and communications skills.
- organizational skills and attention to detail.
- ability to earn academic credit for the internship.
- experience with database management, website development, and/or social media a plus
- experience in desktop publishing, electronic publications, and graphic design (InDesign, Photoshop) a plus.
- foreign languages and experience with other cultures a plus.
Time Commitment: 20-24 hrs./week (not to exceed 40 hours per week) for the duration of the internship.
NED Application Deadline: n/a; All internships are posted until filled.
Anticipated Start Date: o/a Jan 19, 2022
Orientation Dates: o/a Jan 19th – 23rd, 2022
Anticipated End Date: o/a May 19, 2022
Authorization: Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.
How to Apply:
Applications must include a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references, one of which should be a supervisor. Please, no phone calls.