The National Endowment for Democracy (NED) is a federally funded, private, nonprofit grant making organization that works to support freedom around the world and is seeking a paid Intern for the Human Resources and Administration team. The position is based in Washington, D.C.
Position Summary: The Human Resources Department has a full range of responsibilities including administration, recruitment, compensation, employee relations, benefits, training, professional development, personnel records management, wellness, and international travel security. The Human Resources and Administration team seek a highly motivated individual to serve as an Intern for Spring 2022. The paid internship provides excellent opportunities to develop skills, make professional connections, and strengthen their resume and most importantly, gain work experience. This opportunity is ideal for an energetic and motivated college student who is looking for broad exposure to different facets of Human Resources while working for a Non-Governmental Organization. The Intern will also interact with a stream of international visitors, speakers, and activists who are working in support of democratic development and human rights.
Responsibilities: The Intern will work with NED’s Human Resources staff in a combination of administrative and substantive issues. Some of the areas the Intern will be exposed to will include but not be limited to:
- Employment law and compliance, especially regarding employment eligibility, confidentiality, proper maintenance of employee files, and form management.
- Onboarding, learning plans and training and development in the employee life cycle.
- The recruiting and hiring process, including posting job openings, reviewing resumes, conducting interviews, completing references, and presenting job offers.
- Assist with benefits administration as needed.
- Candidates must be a registered student enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate-level program.
- Academic focus on Business, Non-Profit Management, International Affairs or related subjects.
- Qualified candidates should have excellent writing skills, strong analytical skills, maintain a strong work ethic and have sharp attention to detail. Students must also have strong computer skills.
Time Commitment: 20-24 hrs./week (not to exceed 40 hours per week) for the duration of the internship.
NED Application Deadline: n/a; All internships are posted until filled.
Anticipated Start Date: o/a Jan 19, 2022
Orientation Dates: o/a Jan 19th – 23rd, 2022
Anticipated End Date: o/a May 19, 2022
Authorization: Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.
How to Apply:
Applications must include a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references, one of which should be a supervisor. Please, no phone calls.