At National Financial Network (NFN), we are looking for energetic, talented individuals who want to take control of their career future. Nothing will start your career off stronger than an internship that gives you real life experience. Real planning experiences. Real results for your efforts. We’re offering you an opportunity to be part of a new kind of internship — where you can take those real experiences a step further and actually begin building your own financial practice.
You’ll understand what it means and feels like to be a Financial Professional, a trusted professional who guides the financial decisions of others. You’ll work with a seasoned mentor and learn how to build your business, with an opportunity to build a client base and work toward becoming a licensed financial professional.
You’ll learn through our approach — and your own experiences and perspective — how to provide financial solutions that are tailored to a client’s unique wealth-building potential. Believing, as we do, in doing well by doing good, you’ll be most successful when you help others succeed.
· A four-phase PAID internship program
· Credit hours available for Business, Finance and Marketing majors
· Interns become fully Life and Health Insurance licensed in Massachusetts
· After completing the summer Phase I and Phase II programs, qualified candidates will be offered part-time, Junior Advisor position in the firm
· Upon completion of the entire program, qualified candidates will be offered a full-time Financial Representative position within the firm including a salary, full benefits, and a signing bonus.
1. Available for exiting Juniors who can begin their internship in June 2020
2. Individuals must have the capacity to continue their internship throughout their Senior year
3. Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States, and not require future employer sponsorship
4. Individuals must successfully pass a background and credit check
5. The successful completion of the Massachusetts Life and Health Insurance Exams is a prerequisite for inclusion in the internship program
§ Provide sound financial recommendations to help insure financial security for clients, and the leadership capabilities which move clients to take action and implement recommendations.
§ Act as an advocate for your clients. Hold a firm personal commitment to enhance, enrich and serve your clients.
§ Implement cutting-edge financial strategies and technologies to create long-term, effective client solutions.
§ A commitment to engage in a career-long process of education and development
§ Willingness to grow your practice by using effective prospecting and referral strategies, as well as cultivating new client relationships within target markets.
§ Learn the necessary leadership and sales skills required to grow a successful financial practice.
Education & Experience
§ Entrepreneurial minded with a strong work ethic
§ A desire to help others and build long-term relationships
§ Possess the highest levels of integrity and ethics
§ Above average communication skills
§ Strong interpersonal and communication skills coupled with a high degree of emotional intelligence
§ Above average computer and technology skills
§ Goal-oriented mentality with a commitment to personal growth
§ Willingness to obtain industry designations and certifications
§ Ability and willingness to obtain a Series 7 and 66 securities licenses in addition to the appropriate state Life & Health licenses