Responsible for participating in the daily activities and assigned projects within an assigned organization. Partake in the opportunity to learn and gain real world experience from a world class insurance organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Develop a basic understanding of the content of policies written by the company
- Develop a basic understanding of the insurance industry and the organizational relationships of the company
- Develop a basic understanding of the functions of other departments as needed or when appropriate
- Develop a basic understanding of systems and technology used within the company
- Identify customer needs, both internally and externally, and work to meet those needs using appropriate customer service skills
- Assist in generating letters and other correspondences
- Perform other projects and assignments as directed
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment; remain flexible and adaptable
- General knowledge in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Effective organizational, time management and detail oriented skills
- Ability to successfully work in a team environment
- Able to work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Basic knowledge of presentation and public speaking skills
- Willingness to work the required schedule
- Currently enrolled in an accredited 4-year program, Junior preferred
- Exhibit track record of success both academically and extra-curricular (GPA – 3.0 or higher)
- Possess course work relevant to assigned organizational area