Law & Compliance Intern
Area of Focus: Legal, Regulatory Management, Sales Practice Governance, and Antifraud
Key Competencies/Skills Required:
- Ability to manage competing priorities and administrative duties;
- Ability to think critically and learn on the fly;
- Ability to perform high level legal research, problem solve and to find innovative ways to research/validate information;
- Strong analytical and organizational skills with a careful attention to detail;
- Familiarity with legal terminology and excellent verbal communication skills;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Excel;
- Works well in a team environment;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality on highly sensitive matters.
Learning Objective: This position will provide the candidate with a broad understanding and firsthand exposure of legal and compliance matters. Additionally, this position will provide the candidate with an understanding of life insurance and annuity products.
Typical Job Assignments:
Draft and edit documents
Assist attorneys, paralegals and compliance professionals with projects and research
Collaborate with business partners in other areas