Internship – Strategy & Business Transformation
The National Life Group Internship Program was developed to provide real workplace learning and growth opportunities for undergraduate students. Over the years the program has provided students with the opportunity to engage in meaningful, career-relevant work at National Life Group in preparation for fulltime employment.
Full time – 40 hours per week
Overtime subject to Manager approval
Analytical skills, organizational skills, attention to detail, team orientation, ability to handle multiple tasks, quick learner, communication skills, integrity, confidentiality, high degree of professionalism, problem solving
DESCRIPTION OF ASSIGNMENT
The Strategy & Business Transformation team is seeking a summer intern to support its projects across National Life. In this role, you will gain a broad understanding of National Life’s business and our current portfolio of strategy and project implementation efforts. You will lead one or more projects that solve current business challenges. You will develop the approach, follow through with analysis (potentially coordinating with a cross-functional team) and deliver your recommendations to stakeholders. You will be introduced to elements of project implementation including project management and business analysis. Key qualifications are curiosity about our business, critical thinking, the ability to communicate ideas effectively, and being a self-starter who can learn quickly and synthesize information. Must be comfortable with ambiguity. If you always start with the WHY and enjoy blazing new paths for realizing opportunities and solving problems, this is the role for you!
- Minimum overall GPA of 3.00
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Power Point, and Microsoft Word
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- High degree of reliability in completion of tasks on a timely basis.
- Interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills; Reconciliation and problem-solving skill
- Data expertise is welcomed but not required at an advanced level
- Highlights of the 2019 National Life Group Program:
- Lunch-and-Learn Series—6 business classes delivered by company leaders including:
- DISC – Understanding Work Styles
- Business Etiquette
- Generation Diversity
- Formal orientation and onboarding
- Intern Reception and Outing
- Scholarship Award to Outstanding Intern of the year
- Cross-Departmental Group project focused on an enterprise-wide solution
- National Life Group ® is a trade name representing various affiliates, which offer a variety of financial service products.