Who We Are
National Research Group (NRG) is a fast-growing research and insights agency that top entertainment companies trust to decode consumer tastes and trends around the world. With the entertainment ecosystem in a period of immense change, we are looking for the best and the brightest to help shape the future of storytelling for the world’s most admired and innovative content creators.
Why You’ll Love It Here
We are inspired by working with storytellers that challenge us to think differently and see the world in new ways. As a result, our business is driven by creative, curious, and inventive people who have a passion for pop culture. We work as a collective across disciplines and geographies to bring together the best thinking for every assignment, delivering insights to bold storytellers everywhere.
The Fieldwork Specialist will assist with executing NRG’s global fieldwork activities, including online surveys, in-person survey intercepts, focus groups, online communities and exit polls. The candidate must be reliable, able to work independently, and be an effective communicator to all levels of management, vendors, and teams; the ability to multi-task, stay organized, and have a high level of attention to detail will be critical. This position is available in New York City or remote.
- Liaise with third party vendors to conduct online and in-person focus groups, ethnographies, online communities, and IDIs.
- Ensure all third-party vendors have the information and materials they need to execute projects effectively.
- Monitor fieldwork progress to ensure project deadlines are met in a cost-effective manner.
- Communicate status of projects and any potential challenges to internal stakeholders.
- Troubleshoot fieldwork issues and recommend solutions to external vendors and internal stakeholders.
- Handle administrative tasks associated with projects, including monitoring financials, maintaining project database, and closing out studies.
Who You Are
- Internally motivated self-starter who continuously strives to get things done, regardless of challenges encountered.
- Successfully manages time and multiple competing priorities in order to ensure deadlines are always met.
- Team player who can work collaboratively and/or initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal oversight.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Upholding the NRG’s core values of excellence, innovation, collaboration, enthusiasm, and grit.
- This is an entry level position. Exposure to project management or market research is a plus.
- BA/BS (4-year required) with a strong academic record.
- Excellent computer skills, including high proficiency in Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Strong interest in motion pictures and the entertainment industry is a requirement.
- Experience working in the entertainment industry (preferred).
This position does not have any supervisory responsibility.
This is a full-time, exempt position, and hours of work and days are generally Monday – Friday, 9:00am – 6:00pm EST supporting east coast hours. Some modified schedules are possible, due to workload and project timing. The location of the position will either be in New York or remote.
This job operates in a professional office environment (subject to local COVID regulations). This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter
- Why do you want to work at NRG?