Who We Are
National Research Group (NRG) is a fast-growing research and insights agency that top entertainment companies trust to decode consumer tastes and trends around the world. With the entertainment ecosystem in a period of immense change, we are looking for the best and the brightest to help shape the future of storytelling for the world’s most admired and innovative content creators.
Why You’ll Love It Here
We are inspired by working with storytellers that challenge us to think differently and see the world in new ways. As a result, our business is driven by creative, curious, and inventive people who have a passion for pop culture. We work as a collective across disciplines and geographies to bring together the best thinking for every assignment, delivering insights to bold storytellers everywhere.
We are seeking a Coordinator to join our rapidly growing Content and Strategy team. In this role, you will provide assistance to Executive, Client Service and Operations teams to ensure external and internal client needs are met on time and to the highest quality standards. You will also manage and provide support on all aspects of primary research for our Film, TV and OTT clients, including both qualitative and quantitative methods.
If you’re passionate about research; if you have hawk-like attention to detail; if you can juggle balls while spinning plates; if you geek out on entertainment – this opportunity is for you.
- Liaising with in-market vendors from an operational standpoint, for face-to-face research.
- Designing draft questionnaires, incorporating client feedback and facilitating the approval of translations.
- Checking online survey links and launching custom surveys.
- Overseeing the fielding process and managing respondent quotas.
- Compiling data table plans and checking the accuracy of the tables (based on partial and full data).
- Preparing topline data reports.
- Creating and populating report shells.
- Using data tables and/or focus group transcripts to help report findings.
- Quality control management – questionnaire proofing, tabs, charts, codes, etc.
- Performing quality checks on all reports/memos for accuracy. Helping to maintain the accuracy and integrity of reports written by senior level analysts (number-checking and sense-checking their reports).
- Conducting background research for proposals and projects.
- Prepare and track specification (agreement) letters for clients.
- Databasing and data mapping for the upkeep of live norms/benchmarks.
- Providing administrative support as needed, such as originating project spec memos.
Who You Are
- Internally-motivated, self-starter who continuously strives to get things done, regardless of challenges encountered;
- A successful time-manager, balancing multiple competing priorities to ensure deadlines are always met.
- A team player who is able to work collaboratively and/or initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal oversight.
- Interest in all types of entertainment – from movies to OTT to TV.
- 1-3 years relevant experience;
- BA/BS degree preferred;
- Superior knowledge of and experience in Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PPT, Outlook);
- Outstanding attention to detail;
- Superior organizational skills – able to handle a complex and time sensitive workload;
- Strong project management and customer service skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Able to work harmoniously and effectively within a team and across teams;
This is a full-time, exempt position. Hours of work and days are generally Monday-Friday 9:00am-6:00pm PST supporting west coast hours. However, some modified schedules with occasional late nights are possible.
This job operates in a professional office environment (subject to local directives/changes regarding COVID-19). This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
Required Application Materials:
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why do you want to work at NRG?
- Why are you interested in entertainment?