The professionals at the National Security Agency (NSA) have one common goal: to protect our nation. The mission requires a strong offense and a steadfast defense. The offense collects, processes and disseminates intelligence information derived from foreign signals for intelligence and counterintelligence purposes. The defense prevents adversaries from gaining access to sensitive classified national security information.
Cryptologic Operations Watch Officer responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
– Providing time-sensitive cryptologic support for NSA’s SIGINT and/or Cybersecurity operational missions by maintaining situational awareness of world events, operations of US and allied forces, and operations of agencies of the Federal Government or status of the US Cryptologic system in order to maximize the posture of the cryptologic system
– Briefing NSA senior leaders and US Government customers on NSA actions with regard to ongoing and anticipated events to provide necessary information for them to make informed decisions
– Guiding the organization or program in creating and sustaining a strong customer focus and high expectations for performance
– Writing routine documents (for example, e-mails, memoranda, minutes of meetings, status reports, production reports)
– Motivating and encouraging others to accomplish work assignments and goals
– Providing timely and accurate responses to requests for assistance, information, products, or services
– Using basic office resources, such as e-mail, Web browsers, word processors, and presentation graphics
– Adjusting interpersonal style or behavior to accommodate or effectively deal with different approaches, perspectives, or personalities
– Establishing and maintaining working relationships and networks with customers, professional colleagues internal and external to the Agency, foreign partners, or representatives of other agencies
– Helping or assisting coworkers, subordinates, or other employees when needed
– Serving as a liaison between groups internal or external to the Agency
– Serving as point of contact for a functional area or organization
– Working as part of a team
*Applicants should either be DoD 8570.01-M compliant or willing to become compliant within 6 months of acceptance into the organization. Time will be granted to allow for certification(s) to be achieved.