The X-Force program is an unparalleled opportunity for university students to serve their country through collaboration with the United States military to address real-world challenges that require both technical and entrepreneurial expertise. During the X-Force Fellowship, Fellows embed with their military sponsors for three months and work to develop novel solution concepts that address sponsor problems. Past military problem topics include developing virtual reality training modules for the Air Force, improving internal communications for the Marine Corps, revolutionizing predictive maintenance for the Navy, and modernizing personnel and asset tracking for the Army.
At the conclusion of the program, participants have developed and demonstrated a prototype capability for their military sponsor.
To Crush this Role, You’ll Need to Bring:
- A passion for solving hard problems;
- A sense of personal drive to make a change in how the Department of Defense innovates to and solves its hardest problems;
- Some experience providing analysis, policy, and technology support to mission-driven organizations.
- Knowledge of the Department of Defense, its innovation projects, and its programs and initiatives;
- An innate drive to be a part of and contribute to a team-based culture;
- Attention to details and strong organizational, time management and multitasking skills;
- Strong interpersonal communication, including oral and written skills; and
- Foresight, maturity, and the ability to negotiate amicable solutions to complex problems.