Clinical Research Coordinator II
Full time: Main Campus; Mon-Fri 8 AM – 5 PM
We are seeking a Clinical Research Coordinator II- Our team’s mission is to support the rapid advancement of translational therapies within a safe and compliant research environment. To support this mission, this position is responsible for conducting all aspects of inpatient/outpatient clinical research studies. May require some after-hours support.
The moment you walk through our doors, you can feel it. When you meet one of our patient families, you believe it. And when you talk with anyone who works here, you want to be part of it, too. Welcome to Nationwide Children’s Hospital, where Passion Meets Purpose.
Here, Everyone Matters. We’re 12,000 strong. And it takes every single one of us to improve the lives of the kids we care for, and the kids from around the world we’ll never even meet. Kids who are living healthier, fuller lives because of the knowledge we share. We know it takes a Collaborative Culture to deliver on our promise to provide the very best, innovative care and to
foster new discoveries, made possible by the most groundbreaking research. Anywhere.
Ask anyone with a Nationwide Children’s badge what they do for a living. They’ll tell you it’s More Than a Job. It’s a calling. It’s a chance to use and grow your talent to make an impact that truly matters. Because here, we exist simply to help children everywhere.
Nationwide Children’s Hospital. A Place to Be Proud
What Will You Be Doing?
- Coordinating all aspects of a research study (IRB approval, consenting, data collection, follow up) as needed.
- Responsible for the preparation and maintenance of documents and processes related to investigator initiated drug/device projects.
- Serves as liaison between study sponsors, Investigators and the research team (IRB, DDD, research staff and OTC) regarding regulatory matters in the IRB submission and approval process.
- Collects and controls research data and subject information; and maintains accurate data collection of all study data
- Performs other duties and maintains flexible schedule as required by a protocol or management/investigator needs; provides cross coverage for other team members as needed.
What Are We Looking For?
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess these minimum qualifications and experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Science or related discipline preferred; or equivalent work experience accepted
• 1-2 years of laboratory and/or clinical research experience
• Ability to adapt to change positively in work flow and process
• Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
• Must be able to develop complex position papers and reports, and help in preparation of research grant proposals and scientific publications
Your Benefits, Your Wellness:
As an employer, Nationwide Children’s recognizes the importance of the benefits we offer. We also recognize the importance of balancing your work and personal needs. Our benefits and Employee Wellness package is designed to:
- Empower you to be a conscientious health care consumer through educational and wellness activities
- Establish a work environment that promotes health and well-being
- Support your financial protection and security in retirement
- Most of our positions are benefits’ eligible from day 1.
Minimum Physical Requirements:
50% Conducting research studies
25% Collecting and analyzing data
10% Preparing position papers, publications and grant proposals
05% Resource person for other investigators
05% Mentoring less experienced research personnel
05% Purchasing supplies 1
00% Kneeling / reaching
100% Finger dexterity
100% Talking / hearing / seeing
33% Lifting / carrying weight 0-20 pounds for 1-5 minutes
The above list of duties is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this classification. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties performed by the individual so classified, nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision.