If you’re passionate about innovation and love working in an environment where you can constantly improve and adopt new technologies to drive business results, then Nationwide’s Information Technology team could be the place for you!
Nationwide Technology – IT Internship Program A world-class internship program that sets the stage for your future.If you’re passionate about technology and want the chance to shine in a Fortune 100 company, consider Nationwide! As an IT associate or intern, you’ll bring the knowledge, experience and passion needed to deliver our IT strategy and ultimately, the Nationwide strategy.
Cyber Security Interns:
Under guidance, conducts risk assessment tests and evaluations on business processes, IT systems and architecture solutions to ensure operation in accordance with information risk management requirements and identification of vulnerabilities.
CORE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Conducts nformation risk management assessments and presents results to management and ensures visibility of significant risks. Coordinates with other risk management functions throughout the organization for appropriate impact analysis
2. Under guidance, interfaces with the user community to understand their information risk needs and requirements; develops, recommends and enhances information risk management policies and standards, including controls, processes and procedures to ensure that information is protected and available to the business in a timely fashion
3. Identifies and conducts audits and assessments of information risk business practices, violations and infractions. Identifies, evaluates and executes technical analyses functions to ensure all applicable information risk management requirements are met.
4. Responsible for the assisting in the engineering, planning, design, implementation and testing of moderately complex enterprise information risk management technologies. Responsibilities include research and development of new technology and engineering best practices, as well as the implementation of moderately complex and comprehensive risk management solutions for enterprise and line of business applications.
5. Studies data from incident logs (e.g. disasters, crisis situations, intrusion detection systems, etc.) to analyze anomalous events and routine infractions that exploit vulnerabilities.
6. Identifies risks and exposures by participating in risk reviews, evaluations and risk assessments
7. Analyzes and resolves moderately complex issues regarding information risk matters
8. Ensures integration of application and/or infrastructure development with information risk management policies and strategies. Assists in establishing the framework for the Nationwide and/or business line’s information assets through architecture, risk policies, standards, certification and technology. Provides integrated systems planning and recommends innovative technologies that will enhance the current information risk management systems and support overall IT goals and strategy
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Education: Undergraduate studies in computer science, management information systems, or related field is preferred.
Skills: Planning and organizational skills. Must have speaking and writing abilities for interaction with management, and vendors. Must have the ability to analyze system components and implementation strategies, and offer recommendations. Must have the ability to interact effectively with IRM team members, customers, and management. Must possess decision-making skills for technical risk problem identification and solution recommendation.
Values: Regularly and consistently demonstrates the Nationwide Values and Guiding Behaviors.