The Naval Nuclear Laboratory (NNL) Information Technology Department (IT) Department’s Program Management Office (PMO) is looking for a business professional to join the team! The PMO provides business services and project management for the IT Department. The Business Professional will work with a team that manages IT budgets, staffing, procurements, contracts, and related performance metrics. The main focus of this role will be managing budgets across multiple sources of funding to assist IT personnel across the department in executing work plans. Other responsibilities will include assisting with a variety of business and finance related tasks to support efficient day to day operations of the department. Put your finance knowledge to work for NNL! Apply today!
Required Skills *
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field from an accredited college or university
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and a minimum of two years relevant experience; or
- Master’s degree in a related field from an accredited college or university and a minimum of one year relevant experience
- Strong interpersonal skills, including written and verbal communications.
- Ability to leverage multiple communication channels effectively.
- Ability to approach work with a customer-first mentality.
- Understanding of financial operations including processing of transactions, recording cost allocations and distributions, reconciling data, performing variance analyses, obtaining and verifying financial forecasts, and financial reporting.
- Knowledge of financial data and the ability to develop summary analyses and graphical reports to facilitate decision making.
- Knowledge of, or experience in, building staffing models and forecasts.
- Ability to incorporate constructive feedback effectively into work processes.
- Ability to develop creative solutions to unstructured problems.
- Ability to establish/maintain excellent relationships with peers, management and customers across multiple locations.
- Ability to support customers by providing guidance and communicating requirements/best practices.
- Comfortable working independently or in a group setting.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and SharePoint.