The Naval Nuclear Laboratory is seeking a Data Engineer to join a growing team dedicated to collecting and transforming data from the Naval Nuclear fleet for analytics throughout the Laboratory.
As a Data Engineer, you will be part of a team responsible for designing, developing, optimizing, and maintaining the Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) process for incoming shipboard data used in naval nuclear propulsion systems in a Hadoop environment.
You will evaluate new and emerging technologies to deliver scalable solutions to transforming shipboard data in an enterprise-wide data warehouse from which operational metrics and support analytics can be easily and reliably generated.
REQUIRED SKILLS *
- BS degree in engineering or Bachelor’s degree in a science related field from an accredited college or university required.
- BS degree in engineering or Bachelor’s degree in a science related field from an accredited college or university and a minimum of two years of relevant experience; or
- MS degree in engineering or Master’s degree in a science related field from an accredited college or university and a minimum of one year of relevant experience
- Knowledge of distributed technologies, such as Hadoop, Hive, Spark.
- Experience in Linux and scripting, such as SQL, Python, Scala.
- Expertise in optimization and performance tuning of ETL workloads and understanding of database internals.