Naval Nuclear Laboratory (NNL) is seeking a highly motivated professional to join its Fleet Power Plant Engineering team. The Publishing Technology Development (PTD) unit within the Shipboard Information subdivision is looking for an individual who will provide technical expertise to design, develop, and test, an integrated Technical Manual Publishing System (TMPS), with emphasis on modernizing and enhancing our current applications to support the unique environment of the United States Navy’s nuclear fleet.
An optimal candidate for this role should have excellent verbal and written communication skills, the ability to participate in and/or manage multiple projects at once, strong teaming, organization and interpersonal skills, and strong analytical skills, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements. Ability to professionally interact with a diverse group, executives, managers, subject matter experts, business users, and development teams. Strong troubleshooting and problem resolution experience and skills. Ability to understand the interactions of an integrated environment consisting of infrastructure, user interface, and output creation.
Required Skills *
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and a minimum of four years relevant experience; or
- Master’s degree in a related field from an accredited college or university and a minimum of two years relevant experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and a minimum of six years relevant experience; or
- Master’s degree in a related field from an accredited college or university and a minimum of four years relevant experience
- A working knowledge of modern web application architecture (front and back end).
- A working knowledge of content hosting architectures and behaviors (e.g., webservers).
- Strong JS skills in general.
- Experience with object-oriented languages (Java, C#, etc.).
- Database experience (Oracle / SQL Server / NoSQL).
- Front end specific skills (CSS, responsive design, experience with front end frameworks).
- Mobile / Hybrid application development with offline support.
- Basic DevOps / prior agile workflow experience.