The Naval Nuclear Laboratory is seeking an engineer to join our Reactor Servicing organization. If you want to put your talents to work in a mission-driven environment, apply now!
The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting hardware, software, safety, and field support for Servicing Systems Engineering, Water Pool Systems Engineering, and / or Nuclear Safety and Environmental Affairs. Specific duties may include: designing equipment, writing procedures, developing safety assessments, and supporting first-of-a-kind deliverables. The successful candidate will collaborate with design engineers, subject matter experts, analysts, stakeholders, and Naval Reactors personnel to ensure a high quality of technical work and ensure safely executed operations at two facilities.
REQUIRED SKILLS *
- BS degree in engineering or Bachelor’s degree in a science related field from an accredited college or university required.
- BS degree in engineering or Bachelor’s degree in a science related field from an accredited college or university and a minimum of two years of relevant experience; or
- MS degree in engineering or Master’s degree in a science related field from an accredited college or university and a minimum of one year of relevant experience; or
- Currently or previously EOOW qualified in the Nuclear Operations Program; or
- SRE Qualification
- Experience in reactor servicing systems development and engineering
- Knowledge of equipment and systems utilized at the Expended Core Facility, Spent Fuel Packaging Facility, and / or Naval Spent Fuel Handling Facility
- Demonstrated leadership and project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Preferred GPA of 3.2 or higher