Are you a new cyber security graduate looking for an awesome opportunity? Apply today! Naval Nuclear Laboratory is seeking a highly motivated professional to join our Cybersecurity team. The successful candidate will work in a technically diverse and dynamic environment with a team of IT Security professionals responsible for all aspects of the IT environment supporting the needs of the business. The successful candidate will be involved in multiple aspects of supporting and managing the cybersecurity program. If you want to apply your skills in a mission driven environment, apply now. Some of the duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:Perform real-time status monitoring of security equipment (IDS, IPS, Firewalls, etc.) and systems (servers, clients, etc.) using various tools (e.g. SIEM) to identify potential security incidents, threats and vulnerabilities.
- Perform initial incident investigation to be used by the Security Analyst for event investigation.
- Integrate and share information with other analysts and other teams.
- Perform troubleshooting and problem resolution on security equipment and systems.
- Appropriately represent cybersecurity on cross-functional IT project teams.
- Support a 24×7 Security Operation Center (SOC) environment.
Required Skills *
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field from an accredited college or university
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and a minimum of two years relevant experience; or
- Master’s degree in a related field from an accredited college or university and a minimum of one year relevant experience
- Knowledge of various security methodologies, processes, and technical security solutions (e.g. firewall and intrusion detection systems).
- Strong understanding of networking concepts, protocols, services, and operating systems (e.g. TCP/IP, UDP, DNS, DHCP, HTTP, SMTP, Windows, UNIX, Linux, etc.).
- Experience and knowledge of two or more of the following security related technologies:
- Intrusion Prevention systems
- Web Proxies
- Web application scanner
- Vulnerability Scanners
- Malware Research Tools
- Forensics Tools
- Understanding of computer network concepts and exploitation methods.
- Previous internship within cybersecurity.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Works well in a team environment and independently.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Strong customer service attitude.