Class of 2023 Media Tech Associate (Information Technology Track)
The Media Tech Program is a challenging two-year rotational program created for recent college graduates with a passion for a career in technology. The program offers Associates the flexibility of rotation through 3 different business groups within Operations and Technology. These positions will promote technical breadth through our technical certification programs, mentorship and networking opportunities to help you jump start your career.
As a Media Tech Associate, you will work with teams such as News, Film, TV, Ad Sales, and Sports. You’ll help to drive change by identifying ways we can improve and have ownership of initiatives through to completion. You’ll develop an understanding, participate in training, and affect change in the following three areas:
- Information security
- Data and analytics
- Business integration
The Information Technology organization provides strategic guidance, innovative technological solutions, customer service and information security to business units, brands and employees across NBCUniversal. The Technology organization works to simplify and improve our clients’ experiences with technology while developing innovative solutions that transform how we shape the future of media and entertainment.
You will develop your information security knowledge by supporting the implementation of security solutions across multiple technical areas which include engineering, application security and security strategies across the enterprise. You will be part of a team that manages the security function of the consumer-facing businesses. You will identify risks and system needs, perform threat assessments of vulnerabilities, define solutions and establish security policies and procedures.
DATA AND ANALYTICS
With a focus on data and analytics, this rotation will provide enterprise services across all the business lines as well as building expertise and competencies around the business intelligence, analytics, and data science space. You will be responsible for performing detailed analysis and model data across large and varied datasets, effectively communicate the results, and make business recommendations.
A successful technology professional will need to understand and have experience in project/program management, service delivery and business analysis. In this rotation, you will affect change by being part of a project that contributes to the execution of the strategic objectives of the organization and/or the businesses it supports.
NBCUniversal Media Tech Associates must meet the following criteria:
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Ability to work in a combination of the following locations: NY, NJ, LA, CT, FL
Passionate about staying current with technology changes
• Bachelor’s degree preferred, open to all majors
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Must be able to work effectively as part of a project/program team and foster team cooperation
• Proven self-awareness in a variety of work environments
• Self-starter capable of keeping on task and meeting multiple competing priorities
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Previous work experience in a technology focused role
• Interest in media industry a plus