Short Term Analyst Level Contract Position, News Consumer Insights – REMOTE
The NBC News and MSNBC Consumer Insights team works closely with program research to understand the why behind the ratings. We use a range of quantitative research (surveys, dial tests) and qualitative methods (focus groups, online communities, content analysis) to understand audience connection points with NBC News and MSNBC brands and programs. Our research informs editorial, marketing and ad sales efforts across linear and digital platforms.
– Work with the director and senior manager of consumer insights to support the NBC News groups’ editorial and marketing teams with program testing, brand trackers, promo testing and brand studies.
– Assist in managing custom primary research projects from start to finish, including research design, research instruments, analyzing results and writing reports and presentations.
– Assist with writing research screeners, questionnaires, discussion guides, and surveys.
– Program and proof surveys using various online platforms
– Analyze research data to develop strategic insights and prepare reports for internal clients
– Identify and pull video clips as needed for research
– Conduct landscape reviews of existing secondary research to help internal clients stay on top of consumer trends.
– Assist Consumer Insights team with coordinating and planning research presentations, including scheduling and preparing decks.
– Conduct social analysis of NBC News and MSNBC programs
– A BA/BS is required; preferably in communications, psychology, sociology or another social science
– Knowledge quantitative methods (survey design, analysis and statistics)
– Solid deductive thinker with the ability to synthesize key insights from multiple sources
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills
– Proficient with Excel and PowerPoint
– Demonstrated enthusiasm for consumer insights research
– Research generalist with interest in both quantitative and qualitative research
– Highly organized and able to prioritize and execute on multiple projects
– Ability to work as part of a team and under tight deadlines
– Proactive problem solver
Please send resumes and cover letters to Allissa.Delman@nbcuni.com (Tufts Alumna 1996)