HEALTH POLICY INTERN
NEHI is a national nonprofit, nonpartisan organization composed of stakeholders from across all key sectors of health and health care. Its mission is to advance innovations that improve health, enhance the quality of health care, and achieve greater value for the money spent. For more information, visit www.nehi.net.
NEHI is recruiting for a paid Health Policy Intern for its Boston office, an ideal position for graduate students interested in public health, health care and health policy. The internship will last for approximately 12 weeks, with a commitment of 15-20 hours per week. Start and end dates are flexible. NEHI will work with the Intern to have the internship count as their practicum, if applicable. Interns will be paid hourly during the internship period. Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, interns will be allowed to complete hours remotely.
· Provide research support and assist with NEHI’s policy research programs including those relevant to improving health care delivery, reforming payment systems, advancing technology, and promoting health and wellness
· Conduct systematic literature reviews and background research
· Analyze data and synthesize findings
· Assist in the development of policy initiatives related to NEHI’s research findings
· Support preparation of project convenings
· Support development of new programs and initiatives through grant writing/editing
· Provide additional support to the NEHI team as requested (e.g. membership activities and meeting/event planning)
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
· Demonstrated research experience in public health, health policy, health care and/or life sciences
· Ability to synthesize information from multiple sources to draw conclusions and identify gaps (academic journals, newspapers, online publications, interviews, etc.)
· Experience conducting literature reviews
· Ability to interact with senior level leaders in the health care industry and community
· Flexibility and ability to juggle multiple projects
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to work in a highly collaborative team environment
· Able to commit to a minimum of 12 hours per week
· Graduate-level students in public policy, public health, health policy, or other related program with focus on health care strongly preferred
· Prior work experience in consulting, health care, or an academic research setting preferred but not required
· Demonstrated interest/experience in health care and/or health policy
Interested candidates should email a cover letter, resume, and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org .Please reference “Health Policy Internship” in the subject line of the email.
To learn more about NEHI and our work, please visit: www.nehi.net.