Are you looking for an opportunity to take your legal career to the next level? Are you looking to join a hard-working and dedicated team? Look no further as the Charlotte office of Nelson Mullins is searching for their next great Intellectual Property Practice Assistant! In this full-time role, you will work with attorneys and clients on Trademark and Patent matters.
A Day in the Life
In this role, you’ll be working directly with our Intellectual Property team’s attorneys and clients. Among the responsibilities of the role are:
- Manage a trademark docket;
- Prepare and file relevant documents related to the prosecution and/or maintenance of U.S. and foreign trademarks, including WIPO;
- Correspond directly with clients and foreign associates on routine trademark-related matters;
- Draft detailed client and foreign associate communications for attorney review;
- Occasionally assist with U.S. Patent filings and reporting:
- Working with our Foreign and Quality Assurance teams, administrative staff, and attorneys to address questions, escalate issues, and resolve concerns;
- Tracking and organizing case materials;
- Assisting with special projects;
- Working as a backup for other IP paralegals; and
- Tracking your billable hours.
We Know You
Desirable skills include prior trademark and patent prosecution experience as a paralegal or administrative assistant, strong communication and organization skills, detail oriented and self-motivated, understand prioritization and client service, multi-task in a busy practice where you change hats frequently, and technology proficiency.
Who We Are
With more than 800 attorneys and professionals, Nelson Mullins has strong roots in the business community and an appreciation for new directions in the business world. As a Firm, Nelson Mullins has a strong foundation of community service and good citizenship. Our professional staff likewise promote these values, with opportunities to participate and play roles in various pro bono and community service initiatives.
Our Paralegal Department Training Program, regular staff meetings, retreats, and paid professional association membership allow for continuous opportunities for growth. We offer quarterly and annual awards in recognition of exceptional contributions, and discretionary bonuses may be available to eligible professionals based upon performance.
Please submit resume and cover letter.