About Net Purpose
Net Purpose is a new data company with a mission to accelerate our transition to a sustainable world by changing the way the finance sector invests. We do so by making access to and use of ESG and impact data effortless for investors. We are proud to be backed by clients with over $1TN in assets under management (AUM) and leading investors like Illuminate Financial and former Chair of Goldman Sachs Asset Management Jim O’Neill, Net Purpose One third of all the world’s capital ($90TN) is now committed to investing sustainably or for impact, and we are building the data infrastructure to support. If this sounds exciting, we want to talk to you!
We are hiring a Research Analyst to join the research team and help us build our database of corporate sustainability data. You will join a growing team of analysts who are developing science-based methodologies to evaluate the positive contributions of products and services sold by companies. The research team is focused on critical global challenges, including healthcare, climate change and air pollution, access to clean water, and clean energy among others. You will also be a key contributor to expanding our approach, including positive and negative impacts of corporate activity, determining net impact and more.
This position is focused on the healthcare sector and will be critical to the continued development of our health impact models, which cover pharmaceuticals, vaccines and medical devices.
What you will help us achieve:
In the next six months you will help us:
● Scale our unique approach to scientific impact to the benefit of more investors;
● Identify opportunities to “go deep” on companies, and “broad” across game-changing technologies
● Support on new impact measurement model development;
● Track impact measurement trends and identifying opportunities for collaboration;
● Bring an entrepreneurial mentality to help us achieve these ambitious goals.
You are an experienced research analyst who believes there is much more to be done to quantify company and investment impact. You are highly structured, outcomes focused, and have an ability to translate complex findings into simple conclusions. You welcome conversations with investment managers, companies and scientists, and take pleasure in bridging these gaps. You know what it takes to stay on top of the latest insights into corporate sustainability, how it is measured and how it is put into practice in companies. You are passionate about this shift in capitalism and trend towards ESG & impact and helping our clients measure “net purpose” as effortlessly as “net profit.”
● Master’s level knowledge of epidemiology, biostatistics, and health economics in general, and cost-effectiveness analysis is a plus;
● You have experience modeling the efficacy of healthcare interventions;
● You are comfortable conducting literature searches and reading academic literature or technical reports (e.g. clinical trials, FDA labels);
● You can rapidly consolidate information from multiple healthcare related data sources. 90
● You have worked in data-heavy environments, have experience with large non-financial datasets and scientific modelling;
● Highly organized, great at managing tasks in a fast-paced environment;
· Excellent with Excel and Powerpoint and strong written communications skills;
· Passion for problem-solving and process improvement;
· A team player with strong collaboration skills
● 2+ years experience modeling health care interventions in a consultancy, healthcare research center, health care company (e.g. pharmaceuticals) or insurance company;
● Investment management or business analyst exposure; you understand products and services from an investment POV and can build analysis that speaks to investment professionals;
● You are familiar with metrics used to measure social and environmental performance.
● You have experience with statistics and programming;
What Net Purpose can offer you
We are a start-up with a bold ambition! We care deeply about our Profit with Purpose mission, and the warm and inclusive environment we seek to create.
This role will put you at the forefront of sustainability and impact data: quantifying the impact of products and services, and helping our investment clients interpret these results. You will gain experience in applying evidence-based methods to impact measurement. You will be able to experience the fast-paced world of sustainable investing and help build robust databases to enable better investment decisions. We are a young dynamic team united in our purpose that capital markets need to be directed onto a more sustainable path.
Applications accepted on a rolling basis with immediate start possible. Candidates will start with the CEO and Head of Research and then progress to meet more of the team.