The New England Board of Higher Education (NEBHE) seeks an intern for the Fall 2021 and Spring 2022 semesters to support NEBHE’s Regional Student Program. Reporting to the Director of the Regional Student Program, the internship requires a commitment of 10-20 hours per week (negotiable). This is a paid position with preference for a student that is eligible for Federal Work Study.
A successful intern will be a graduate student or upper-class undergraduate student who can effectively research and communicate detailed and technical information.
NEBHE established the Regional Student Program (RSP), Tuition Break, in 1957 to expand affordable educational opportunities for New England residents and share higher education resources in the six-state region.
Through the RSP, Tuition Break, the region’s public colleges and universities allow eligible out-of-state New England residents to pay significantly less than regular out-of-state tuition when they enroll in approved programs, including specialized fields of study not offered by students’ home-state public colleges.
- Assist with promotion of the program through newsletters, social media channels (Instagram, Twitter and Facebook) and advertising outlets as needed
- Assist with communications with various constituents throughout New England including New England colleges and universities, high school counseling offices; college access and outreach organizations; legislators and others
- Assist with preparing customized reports on program data
- Assist with preparation for workshops and presentations for high school counselors, students, and families
- Work with the RSP Director and Assistant Director to create an independent project that could culminate in a report and/or presentation to staff at the end of the internship
- Assist with archival interview collection with past and present RSP student participants
- Research ongoing topics as needed throughout the course of the internship
- Assist with other NEBHE initiatives, including the Independent College Transfer Guarantee program, as needed
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Well organized, with attention to detail, and works well independently
- Proficiency with MS Office, especially Excel, and Google Apps
- Proficiency with Adobe, InDesign or Canva
- Experience with Constant Contact and social media platforms preferred
Established in 1955 by six visionary New England governors, the New England Board of Higher Education (NEBHE) is a regional compact that works across New England to help leaders assess, develop and implement education practices and policies of regional significance; promote regional cooperation that encourages efficient sharing of education resources; and strengthen the relationship between higher education and the regional economy. Based in Boston, Mass., NEBHE is a nonpartisan, non-profit organization.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line of “RSP Internship.”